Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Paul is a terrific player, no doubt. But I’ve had the sense, at least going back to last season, that he simply is not an alpha personality. obviously he’s capable of carrying us when he really gets rolling in a given game, but I don’t feel like he has the instinct to turn it on as needed, a la Tu, DFW, or Tre... not a criticism, just an observation.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Paul is a terrific player, no doubt. But I’ve had the sense, at least going back to last season, that he simply is not an alpha personality. obviously he’s capable of carrying us when he really gets rolling in a given game, but I don’t feel like he has the instinct to turn it on as needed, a la Tu, DFW, or Tre... not a criticism, just an observation.
    I don't care about the personality as long has a long string of alpha games. Assassins Creed: Big East
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

This is a great time for the Paul Scruggs Show to get a major boost in ratings!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Against the bottom of BE, Scruggs can and should dominate. Really tough to look awesome against Jays,Pirates, and Wildcats. If X could scrape 1 win vs those 3 I won’t be surprised. Hoping for 5, expecting 1. We shall see.

Sophomore
    Privileged to have been there to see it live. I have noticed that Scruggs is what i call a silent scorer. I looked up late in the second half and all three of us were surprised he had (at that time) 19 points. That is partly why I think he might not seem to be a strong leader when he actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Olsingledigit View Post
    Privileged to have been there to see it live. I have noticed that Scruggs is what i call a silent scorer. I looked up late in the second half and all three of us were surprised he had (at that time) 19 points. That is partly why I think he might not seem to be a strong leader when he actually is.
    Someone on the Butler board (and the announcers commented also) said the Xavier cheers were very loud. Thanks for being there!
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Just dissected the second half on replay, and after BU went on that crazy run Scruggy took over. He was hell bent and scored 11 straight to display my favorite Byron Larkin quote...."you only take your hands off the opponents throat to get a better grip"....ZIP EM' UP!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Just dissected the second half on replay, and after BU went on that crazy run Scruggy took over. He was hell bent and scored 11 straight to display my favorite Byron Larkin quote...."you only take your hands off the opponents throat to get a better grip"....ZIP EM' UP!

Senior leadership. I expect him to play like a man possessed over the next 6-8 weeks.

“There is no tomorrow....and that makes you all very dangerous men!”

Does “Fired Up Karen” still exist here?
    Was anxiously awaiting her takes after Saturday.

And Ovid Butler deleted his Twitter account after it was flooded with Paul Scruggs pictures.
    That is one of the funniest things that X fans do (including me) to other teams official Twitter accounts (and their minion troll accounts too) after we beat their asses. Just keep a thread going posting pictures of the X Star of the game. Hilarious
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Does “Fired Up Karen” still exist here?
    Was anxiously awaiting her takes after Saturday.

And Ovid Butler deleted his Twitter account after it was flooded with Paul Scruggs pictures.
    That is one of the funniest things that X fans do (including me) to other teams official Twitter accounts (and their minion troll accounts too) after we beat their asses. Just keep a thread going posting pictures of the X Star of the game. Hilarious
    Ovid deleted his account because he posted the obituary of a Xavier fan's dad that he was arguing with. He, along with myself and other X fans, let the official Athletic/Basketball/Administration Twitter pages know what kind of fan they had. Supposedly his dad is a big donor and was none too happy.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens