Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The Paul Scruggs Show

I felt compelled to start a thread for the guy and, based on what we saw Sunday, it will be an active one. Clearly he put it all together statistically but there is so much more to be said aside from the numbers.

With Q out again he knew he had to shoulder the PG position, with no real backup, for the whole game. If he got into early foul trouble, we were screwed. Despite playing aggressive defense, he goes all 40 with ONE FOUL. He was nearly flawless bringing the ball up and running our half court sets and did a stellar job taking care of the ball. Everything went through him. It was a Ponds like performance. All in the context of facing a BU team smelling blood..........foaming at the mouth to get a Cintas W.

We saw leadership, focused determination, high basketball IQ coupled with text book execution. He displayed growing confidence with each possession. He was THE MAN......it was The Paul Scruggs Show!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 01-15-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Junior
    Before the season started I thought he and Marshal had a legit shot at the NBA. I certainly bought into the Marshal hype but I actually wouldn't be surprised if Scruggs tested the waters after his Jr. season. I have no doubt he can lead Xavier the next few years if he doesn't leave his Sr. year Xavier could be a real threat again.

In BE conference play, Paul is averaging 16.6 points and 6.2 rebounds. He leads the league in assists to turnover ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Before the season started I thought he and Marshal had a legit shot at the NBA. I certainly bought into the Marshal hype but I actually wouldn't be surprised if Scruggs tested the waters after his Jr. season. I have no doubt he can lead Xavier the next few years if he doesn't leave his Sr. year Xavier could be a real threat again.
    God I hope not. I want another 2 years of Scruggs.
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

Paul has been fantastic this year. The guy has "it."

I was at Providence last year and seeing what he was in that game and what he has become now, it's been really great to see.
    Run the table.

Freshman
    Paul, Paul he does it all. Mr Scruggs & the way he chugs. Up & down the Bball floor. Rebounds, assists & points he scores. Scruggs will Mug you with his Dee. Then spot up for a timely three. Burning rubber with his wheels. Paul just got another steal. He's a star in the making. Opponents boots are left a shaking.
    Last edited by xu koop scoop; 01-15-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    if the next 2 years he shoots like Markus Howard, Ponds, or Doug McDermitt, then yes he is all NBA.

Sophomore
    Paul will have one more year at most if he continues his trajectory. He's a little older so he'll be eager to leave if his stock gets high enough. That's why we have Kyky and Dwon waiting in the wings

Quote Originally Posted by xu koop scoop View Post
    Paul, Paul he does it all. Mr Scruggs & the way he chugs. Up & down the Bball floor. Rebounds, assists & points he scores. Scruggs will Mug you with his Dee. Then spot up for a timely three. Burning rubber with his wheels. Paul just got another steal. He's a star in the making. Opponents boots are left a shaking.
    If these were lyrics it would be pretty cheesy BUT if set to music, it could make a nice theme song for “The Paul Scruggs Show”.....kinda like “Go Cubs Go”. It’s so bad it’s good.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    if the next 2 years he shoots like Markus Howard, Ponds, or Doug McDermitt, then yes he is all NBA.
    He kind of is.
    Run the table.