Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    I think I would still green light Welege, Hardin and Marshall (if Naji is wide, wide, wide open and there are less than five seconds on the shot clock). Although Welage and Hardin sucked today, they are most often better especially if they get their feet set. I thought Welage forced a couple today that were really shots he had no business taking. That said, were I coaching another B.E. team, I would tell my guys to make Welage and Hardin put it on the floor.
    When Scruggs was shooting you could really see him setting his feet and squaring his shoulders. Some of these other guys looked like they were open and had time but still rushed their shots. Next practice needs to a 3 point shooting clinic lead by Scruggs... Mr. Confidence.

Anyway, I have a sneaky feeling Castlin has upped his confidence a bit after that last huge 3 and we will now see him make more of his 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Nova is going to murder us but outside of them, the schedule is very doable. Winning 9 games is certainly a possibility.
    Have you watch St. Johns and Ponds play?
    Markus Howard killed us. We shall see

While I admit that this year’s team is nowhere near as deep or talented as last year’s team, or as some of the other past teams, I think that many times we fans see our own warts and don’t see those of the others. Now I’m not saying that X should just sail through the BE and have no trouble beating the other teams. But what I am saying is that we shouldn’t act like they are all perfect either. They all have weaknesses and problems they need to overcome also. They all have warts. It’s up to the coaching staff to show them how to take advantage of those warts and to put them into positions where they can. Then it’s up to the players to do it.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 01-13-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Have you watch St. Johns and Ponds play?
    Markus Howard killed us. We shall see
    I just think nova is an automatic two losses. I could at least envision x beating st johns or Marquette at home.

Road to 10 for me would be

Home wins:

Providence
    DePaul
    Creighton

Away wins:

Providence
    Georgetown
    creighton

And then either beating Marquette or st John's at home.

I think that would be a great "rebuild" season and certainly something to build on for the next year or two.

Btw our last five games of the season....geezus!

@hall
    Nova
    @st John's
    @butler
    St johns
    Last edited by Xville; 01-13-2019 at 08:04 PM.

I just think nova is an automatic two losses. I could at least envision x beating st johns or Marquette at home.

Home wins:

Providence
    DePaul
    Creighton

Away wins:

Providence
    Georgetown
    creighton

I think that would be a great "rebuild" season and certainly something to build on for the next year or two.
    X beats SJU both times and MU at home with the G-town template....GO BIG
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    welly had a tough game(but a good floor game I thought) but James Hardin went 1-17 tonight.. Reggie Miller went 1-18 in a game against Knicks (game 6 in 1999 the LJ 4 pt play series) so it is not unprecedented..

Home wins:

Providence
    DePaul
    Creighton

Away wins:

Providence
    Georgetown
    creighton

Btw our last five games of the season....geezus!

@hall
    Nova
    @st John's
    @butler
    St johns
    And the game at Providence is just before that. They're not as good, but they're good enough to be a tough out on the road.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

When we look back, this could be the game where Scruggs became a legitimate force in the BEast. Man he was fun to watch! I just stared at the box score and marveled at how he did it all in this one. Was in complete command of the offense, took care of the ball and only 1 foul. That is what an ELITE PG looks like. We gotta get Q healthy before heading to Philly but I wonder if he would mind playing off the ball...
    Last edited by Xuperman; 01-14-2019 at 03:57 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    When we look back, this could be the game where Scruggs became a legitimate force in the BEast. Man he was fun to watch! I just stared at the box score and marveled at how he did it all in this one. Was in complete command of the offense, took care of the ball and only 1 foul. That is what an ELITE PG looks like. We gotta get Q healthy before heading to Philly but I wonder if he would mind playing off the ball...

I’m wondering the same thing....hmmm

No doubt we are a better , deeper team with Q. But, the last two games have opened my eyes. Its not like we are an offensive juggernaut...........but we are taking better shots and have not turned it over as much. Q playing off the ball may be fine, but he still cant shoot a lick. Similar to the rest of the team, sans Scruggs and Welage.