Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    What I love is the improvement on turnovers the last two games. 10 yesterday and I believe 4 against GT. Just going off memory. But hit free throws, don't turn the ball over WIN THE GAME! Go MUSKIES

Sophomore
    [QUOTE=Jumpin_Jamal_Forever;637368]
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Wow. those Q game stats....

-Q averaged 30 minutes a game last year.
    -First 21 games last year Q was 3-26 from 3. Thats .115% Thats more than half a season and he had 3 threes.
    -The next 8 games, he GOT HOT, hitting 14 of 23 for .608%. By this point, his season average was up to .347%
    -The last 6 games he went 2-14, or .143%.

Perhaps it is too small a sample size to provide meaningful information. But, if the metrics are available (depending on what shooting metrics X may track), wouldn't you love to know if the characteristics of those three point attempts (when Q was 14/23) were somehow different than his other attempts? Did they come early or late in the game, when Tre and J.P. were both in the game or on the bench, did they arise from a certain area of the floor, against certain opponents, home or away, whatever. I'm interested in knowing because the results stand out so differently (and clearly much better) than his historical three point record.
    I think it’s pretty hard to measure sheer luck, unfortunately.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Wow! Another Knicks - Xavier fan like myself? I was at the Garden the other night and can confirm cheering for Knicks play is hard to come by these days.
    Also a Knicks/Xavier fan here.
    Mets and Giants also.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    It's not hard to out-coach Ewing, but Jordan is a good coach and Steele bested him the last 4 minutes.
    Butler fans dont think very highly of him.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Chad Brendel said on the new Skinny podcast episode that he thinks he just saw the least talented team in the Big East, watching this game. The pieces fit together well, with lots of shooters around their one really good player, Kamar Baldwin, but I think he's right. Despite that, Jordan has them contending for a tournament spot. I don't think a lot of Butler fans appreciate what they have. Long-term, if he can't get talent to the program, that's one thing, but he's in year two there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Some on their board want Jordan gone and they refer to Steele as a "used car salesman". I think KFC came over here and used that same moniker. Jordan is on his second year and their team looks a lot like we do. They have some good slashers, bigs, and a couple guys who can hit the three. Despite the loss, Butler has looked better than X all year and really looked better for 36 minutes.

When you look for a new coach at schools like ours can go down two roads, you can get a retread and hope he revives his career or you can get a hungry young on the way up and hope he stays. I would always vote for youth, but retreads have worked out for some schools in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    The effort this team has shown the last two games is impressive. I think Steele may have finally realized he needs to be the one to light the fire under these kids - he can't just sit back like he's still the number 2 guy. He's done a very nice job coaching the last 2 games. It's not hard to out-coach Ewing, but Jordan is a good coach and Steele bested him the last 4 minutes.

The best part of the game yesterday, though, was after Castlin hit the 3 to tie it up. Butler called their time out, and Castlin was absolutely mugged by his teammates, even the managers got in on the act. Was a cool scene to see the team rally around him like that, and it tells me that these guys are putting the team first.
    Every bit of this! Right on R!

Also. Jamie Luckey needs to retire. After yesterday John Cahill, who was at courtside evaluating, may force him to.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 01-14-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I miss FiredUpKaren.

Also, it would be really cool if someone can find the video of Steele busting the whiteboard, and post it.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Just mention Brandon Miller to them and they'll do a quick 180 after complaining about LaVall Jordan.

Someone on their board also pointed out that he is 5-27 in true road games in his college career. A lot of that is from the train wreck he inherited at Milwaukee for one season.