Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Yes whoever on twitter that posts Musketeer news banned me from following. Trevon Bluiett even blocked me. It is a badge of honor for these thin skinned egomaniacs.

Quote Originally Posted by muskies1235 View Post

No worries. Probably came in a little hot on this one, but that dude has rubbed me the wrong way for awhile with the way he talks down to people and acts like a knowitall
    I wish I could "like" this post. Messageboards are so 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I've been pretty critical of the staff lately, and I haven't been hiding today, just busy. But last night, everything came together.
    I tweeted below before the game was over and it was still in doubt:
    Attachment 2316

Then Postgame, Snipe and I were interchanging and I answered him with this:
    Attachment 2317

The Whiteboard break may be the watershed moment for Travis Steele- the moment he became a REAL Head Coach. Last night, he did everything (almost) right, maybe because it was necessity, but he still did it right.
    Only item I was still concerned with was why was Naji hanging on to the ball at game's end? Paul Scruggs is this team's best finisher and arguably, it's best Free Throw shooter. Not really sure why Naji was just allowed to stand out and dribble or be the guy driving to the hoop at the end of the shot clock. But whatever. Great to get that win last night, and I'll be at Cintas Sunday!
    Ha... I think I agree about the whiteboard. I enjoyed seeing Steele get so stirred up that his assistants were trying to hold him back at one point. Then he turned and looked at them with a stern, “Get your hands off me” stare. I mean, love that Steele is a nice guy, but seeing a him come alive with emotion throughout the game with new sense of determination was a beautiful thing to behold.

I agree with you that it seems to make more sense for Scruggs to have the ball the end.

Funny though, how at the same moment you had that thought, I was watching Naji and thinking, “Damn, we are fortunate that Naji is a decent ball handler. How rough would this game have been (with Q being out), if Marshall dribble like most other small forwards?”

In the end, I think it might have been a good thing for Naji’s confidence. It showed Steele trusted him as a clutch player. Naji had shown he was finishing drives (or at least getting fouled) and he did seem to be in a bit of a zone. Hey, maybe he told Steele and his teammates he wanted the ball in his hands at the end of the game. Sometimes going with a player who exudes the most confidence works out better than going with one who statistically makes more sense.
    Last edited by IM4X; 01-10-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Haven't gotten to watch many games because I'm in thick of medical school stuff before boards, but I just wanted to say that I'm incredibly proud of the guys last night, they came together, and orchestrated an incredible come back after being down 17 or what not in the first half. I think that's a testament to the mentality of the guys, I don't think there's been lack of effort, it just hasn't all came together yet, I think this was Steele's best coaching job so far, and makes me feel a little better about his X's and O's, obviously we are a very poor 3 point shooting team, and that's just not going to change at this point, but we did well in the paint, and Hankins really showed out last night, I wish we had him around for another year. Scruggs didn't have the most impressive game, but he's quietly becoming the motor of this team, he really works his ass off, I'm glad I was able to witness a win, and maybe this is the type of game to spring confidence into the guys and they can string together a good showing to the last couple months of the season. It was nice to see them fight, and while this may not be a season we enjoy by Xavier standards, this team still has talent, and can get some good results in.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I think it’s more of a wish that sometimes he would take a pull up jump shot instead of driving deep into the lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If he could master the pull up mid range jumpshot his game would go to a completely different level.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Haven't gotten to watch many games because I'm in thick of medical school stuff before boards, but I just wanted to say that I'm incredibly proud of the guys last night, they came together, and orchestrated an incredible come back after being down 17 or what not in the first half. I think that's a testament to the mentality of the guys, I don't think there's been lack of effort, it just hasn't all came together yet, I think this was Steele's best coaching job so far, and makes me feel a little better about his X's and O's, obviously we are a very poor 3 point shooting team, and that's just not going to change at this point, but we did well in the paint, and Hankins really showed out last night, I wish we had him around for another year. Scruggs didn't have the most impressive game, but he's quietly becoming the motor of this team, he really works his ass off, I'm glad I was able to witness a win, and maybe this is the type of game to spring confidence into the guys and they can string together a good showing to the last couple months of the season. It was nice to see them fight, and while this may not be a season we enjoy by Xavier standards, this team still has talent, and can get some good results in.
    Cut the medical school crap with not being on the board lately. We all know you’ve been in mourning because the loss of Holgorsen at WVU! I kid but if you want to comment on college football thread would be interested on hearing your take on the move because I don’t understand it except for existing ties to the Houston area.

Are you new here???

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Cut the medical school crap with not being on the board lately. We all know you’ve been in mourning because the loss of Holgorsen at WVU! I kid but if you want to comment on college football thread would be interested on hearing your take on the move because I don’t understand it except for existing ties to the Houston area.
    Absolutely will type something up for you to hope explain it a bit more!!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Are you new here???
    Oh come on bud, you know you miss me!!

Absolutely will type something up for you to hope explain it a bit more!!

Oh come on bud, you know you miss me!!
    I wish you’d either flunk out or become a doctor already and post regularly from the golf course! :-)

Haven't gotten to watch many games because I'm in thick of medical school stuff before boards....
    You’ve got a lot to learn about getting your priorities straight and how to screw up you life. Talk to Snipe.