Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Game Thread: Xavier vs. Georgetown (January 9, 2019)

VS.

Xavier University Musketeers (9-7, 1-2 BE) vs. Georgetown Hoyas (11-4, 1-1 BE)
    Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 6:30 PM EST
    Cintas Center, (10,224), Cincinnati, OH

Live Chat

Notes and Stats

Television: FS1 with play-by-play from Thom Brennaman and analysis from Nick Bahe.

Xavier Radio: 700 WLW-AM, including via iHeart Radio, TuneIn and via Sirius (99), XM (210) and Internet (964) with play-by-play from XU Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman ('79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin ('88).

Live Stats: Media stats at Statbroadcast.com. Fan stats at GoXavier.com.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I was literally typing up the gamethread...
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Supporting Member
    How does vegas have us favored in any game right now home game or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Georgetown is a little banged up, and not a great team. I certainly however wouldn’t be comfortable wagering any amount on X. I haven’t been all year.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Georgetown is a little banged up, and not a great team. I certainly however wouldn’t be comfortable wagering any amount on X. I haven’t been all year.
    I was beyond convinced x had zero chance the last two games on the spread and bet accordingly...made x losing not as bad as it could have been. This one I'm not touching because gtown isnt all that good as you said, but gun to my head I'd bet gtown on this one as well. X may win but I cant see them beating that spread.

Sophomore
    Thom on the call

All-Conference
    Is McClung playing (he's been hurt)? Not that he makes the difference, but I'd like to see him dunk in warm-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Is McClung playing (he's been hurt)? Not that he makes the difference, but I'd like to see him dunk in warm-ups.
    He’s a GTD

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Talk about a guy completely under ranked. Best ranking I saw on him was 235. Love his dunks and remember watching the YouTube’s of the “Mac and Zac” team.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post

Vegas definitely likes X tonight. 64% of wagers coming in on Gtown. Line went from 3.5 all the way up to 6. Now sitting at X -4.5. I promised myself not to bet on X this year. I got burned taking them against SDST. Not going to let that happen again. The numbers say take X. My eyes and brain say, "stay the hell away."

I'll save my money for this weekend's NFL games.