Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muskies1235 View Post
    They usually don't bother me until they start talking down to people and especially when they are dead wrong during the talking down.
    Agree. They are so smug, and if you don't kiss their butt, everyone else will downvote you to oblivion.

Love the win, but it is what it is. We beat a team ranked about 6 spots lower than us on Kenpom at home by 5. They were missing their starting forward and point guard and we were missing our started point guard. I call that even since Mourning isn't really dominant and not sure he is even starting anymore.

Butler is a huge step here. They are 40 spots higher than we are, but after watching last night this could be a winnable game for us at home. If Q returns and plays within the team concept and does what he does well, we have a real shot at beating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    So another Naji missed FT would have been a push. Wow
    That foul call at the end with .02. Hmmmmmm.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    This is the Steele we were waiting for... Excellent job coach.
    I've been pretty critical of the staff lately, and I haven't been hiding today, just busy. But last night, everything came together.
    I tweeted below before the game was over and it was still in doubt:
    Tweet GTown.JPG

Then Postgame, Snipe and I were interchanging and I answered him with this:
    Tweet GTown2.JPG

The Whiteboard break may be the watershed moment for Travis Steele- the moment he became a REAL Head Coach. Last night, he did everything (almost) right, maybe because it was necessity, but he still did it right.
    Only item I was still concerned with was why was Naji hanging on to the ball at game's end? Paul Scruggs is this team's best finisher and arguably, it's best Free Throw shooter. Not really sure why Naji was just allowed to stand out and dribble or be the guy driving to the hoop at the end of the shot clock. But whatever. Great to get that win last night, and I'll be at Cintas Sunday!

Thanks for this. I'm now following Snipe. His Twitter feed is much tamer than I expected! :)

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Most of these Rivals/Scouts/247 "experts" get on my nerves. Generally, these guys are good at knowing where 16-17 year-old kids are interested in going for college and what colleges are interested in those kids. They mostly should stay in their lane.
    Ya know. Some on here have called out Broering, but I find Snow to be insufferable.
    I posted an opinion on there earlier this year that the fact that Q and Naji were playing 40 minutes a game was gonna hurt this team as the year moved along. I then said that there HAD to be some minutes parceled out to give these guys a blow here and there and that Travis just had to trust his bench guys a bit. Snow actually had the audacity to suggest that "Depth is overrated" then doubled down on it again when he was called out on it. Never heard any coach anywhere, nor most knowledgeable pundits who know basketball say that regarding the long term. Last night worked but it had to out of necessity. It won't if it goes 5 straight games like that.

I'm sure Snow is a nice guy, but he's a terrible writer with no special insight on basketball. He's always been very plugged into the recruiting scene, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Ya know. Some on here have called out Broering, but I find Snow to be insufferable.
    I posted an opinion on there earlier this year that the fact that Q and Naji were playing 40 minutes a game was gonna hurt this team as the year moved along. I then said that there HAD to be some minutes parceled out to give these guys a blow here and there and that Travis just had to trust his bench guys a bit. Snow actually had the audacity to suggest that "Depth is overrated" then doubled down on it again when he was called out on it. Never heard any coach anywhere, nor most knowledgeable pundits who know basketball say that regarding the long term. Last night worked but it had to out of necessity. It won't if it goes 5 straight games like that.
    To say the least, Snow doesn't like it when posters disagree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm sure Snow is a nice guy, but he's a terrible writer with no special insight on basketball. He's always been very plugged into the recruiting scene, though.
    I actually think Rick and Snow both know their hoops. Snow's grammar and writing ain't the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I think most of us agree the talent is here this year to have an ok year. The team just has to play within themselves which they have not. We have players trying to do things they just don’t have the talent. Whether it’s a coaching thing to convince the player to stop or a player thing to buy in is the question.

I also think we all agree that next year there will be more talent to pick from game in and game out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think next year, 5 freshmen will be talented BUT take a lot of time to develop talent, weight gain, learn the system.
    2020-2021 will be much better with lots more developed and experienced talent.

Now X does need 2 top 60 recruits to seal the final 4 deal over next 3 years.