Quote Originally Posted by xu koop scoop View Post
Who might have been at the UMass #1 Marcus Camby game our 1st year in A10. 1995. Our last losing season. We lost in OT to #1 UMass at the Gardens.
I only bring this up because I don't remember much of any celebrations after dunks or other fancy shots or blocks. Our boys realized they had a chance to do something special & hunkered down on D for every possession. When we were an A10 Tourney #8 seed & blew out #1 undefeated St Joes in A10 Tourney it seemed all business to our players that day. We had to win that tourney just to get an NCAA bid. That business now, party later mentality got us to the
Elite 8 that year. Celebrate after the victory. Let the other team know fantastic plays are to be expected from you, not celebrated. I realize these memories are from a long ago time, but the celebrations do indeed distract from in game concentration. A 3 second party after a basket can lead to an easy bucket the other way. This ain't a Barnum & Bailey Circus playing on the court. GET SOME PROFESSIONALISM & DISCIPLINE. If you want to go Pro, Act Pro.
You guys are F-ing crazy to think that celebrating good plays is a recent development. Google image Lenny Brown/Bob Huggins. Grant/West/Frey/Price/Williams/ all showed emotion and celebrated during games. Please go outside and yell at the clouds while you're at it.