View Poll Results: Should we have a Wall?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    22 56.41%
  • No

    17 43.59%
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 201

Thread: The Wall

  1. #71
    President Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by vee4xu View Post
    You need to relax Jackson. It's a freaking joke. I was actually making fun of this entire thread, which is also a joke.
    This thread isn't a joke. I was actually wondering what people thought about an actual issue that is a current event.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

  2. #72
    President Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonoran Desert Muskie View Post
    Walls on the border certainly do work. A wall will not eliminate illegals and drugs from entering the country, but everywhere on the border where a wall has been constructed there has been a marked reduction in illegals and drugs entering the U.S. Not sure if itís the best use of resources to build a physical wall along the entire length of the border, but it will reduce illegals and narcotics coming here.
    I have read that is the case
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

  3. #73
    President Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    They donít use e-verify, they arenít doing anything to confirm a social isnít being used twice. By the way, an illegal if using a social # will be used twice or three times. This is not difficult for an employer to check. They donít because they pay low wages and need those illegals to keep running.

    This is a problem of easy job supply that is caused by employers who donít care if they hire illegal or not.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would agree that the strongest measure would be e-verify and start fining employers who hire illegals. It is the simplest measure that would have the greatest consequence. This is well known, but our elites in charge will not use it.

    The Yale-MIT study said we had up to 29.5 million illegal immigrants. We have hundreds of thousands still coming in every year.

    I mean, what could possibly go wrong, racist!
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

  4. #74
    President Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I agree with this, but it's clear to me that current leaders have no interest in actually finding a real solution. We currently fight illegals and drugs the same. We punish the illegals and we punish the users and to an extent the small time dealers. If you really want to curb both, you have to correct the demand for drugs and the demand for illegal labor. I don't think those are issues anyone in our government really want to face.

    Trump won't touch demand for illegal labor because they voted for him and democrats won't touch demand for illegal drugs because they vote democrat.
    I think that is wrong. Trump is against illegal labor. Getting them out actually increases wages for blacks and working class Americans. It would be a huge boon for him because he promised black people he could deliver. Getting them out would help poor black people no doubt. They depress the wages of the working class. That is not really up for debate. It happens. It is called supply and demand.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

  5. #75
    President Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Politicans have kicked the immigration can down the road for at the very least what 40-50 years now? At least Trump is trying to do something to curb some of the illegal activity. Is the wall the end all be all? Of course not, but it can potentially help and may even reduce some government spending toward immigration in the near future. I really dont understand the opposition on this...because of 5 billion? What if the costs end up being 10 billion? So? The government has spent billions more on way stupider shit than that.
    30 million illegals give or take 10 million. Who cares.. Cheap labor...

    What does that cost our working class? What is the cost to Black America? Who cares?

    Trump is going to lose in my opinion. It will be a political loss. The people that win are the people that refuse to do anything about 30 million illegals or hundreds of thousands pouring over our border every year. Because seriously, you are a racist if you care about that, and what could possibly go wrong?
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

  6. #76
    President Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Just curious. What are the people who are living off our system and ruining it for everyone else getting?
    Jobs, where the employer wants to pay them low wage and not check their legal status?
    Or something else.
    https://cis.org/Report/Welfare-Use-I...ive-Households

    73% of Mexican headed households are on welfare. Sucks to be them.

    https://brainstats.com/average-iq-in-mexico.html

    The average IQ of Mexico is 88. But we aren't getting the cream of Mexico, we are getting the poor. So I doubt that we hit that.


    88 IQ wouldn't be great as it is, but that is the Mexican Average. The sad fact is that they are not sending their best and brightest. They send their poor. We are there outlet valve. We are the people that take the excess and put them on welfare so that Mexico doesn't have so many poor people that they have a revolution.


    If Mexicans were so great, why is Mexico such a shitpile?
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

  7. #77
    President Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    The my family came here legally statement is always so funny to me. 1. How do you really know? 2. The immigration laws were so vastly difference/nonexistent back then its not even fair to compare immigration of one's ancestors to immigration today. 3. Many of our ancestors entered illegally (or at a time where there were no regulations) but were later granted permanent residence because it was such a problem:

    "Acknowledging the large numbers of Europeans in the United States without proper authorization, the government devised ways for them to remain in the country legally. The 1929 Registry Act allowed “honest law-abiding alien[s] who may be in the country under some merely technical irregularity” to register as permanent residents for a fee of $20 if they could prove they had lived in the country since 1921 and were of “good moral character.”"
    So it seems to both me and you that we should pay some attention to this. Not just dismiss the law. If you want to change the law, change the law. I am all for that. But we should have something called The Law. Right now we have 30 million people here illegally. and Trump will lose his bid. We will have more tomorrow. Your win against Trump might come back to bite you.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

  8. #78
    President Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    You are a prime example of people who just don't get it. You think the system is easy and everyone who wanted to work here legally could just do it. Ask yourself whether an illegal would rather come here that way, risk imprisonment, and deportation or come here legally with zero worry. Obviously, they would rather have zero worry.

    Once you get that, it should be clear that the current system isn't set up to provide an alien work force it is set up to prevent one. The result is what you see which are people who roll over the border illegally because it's their only option. FYI there XVille, the same NY Times says that close to 75% of illegals here in the US are actually employed. Close to three out of four here are gainfully employed, that participation rate is absolutely insane.

    Instead of building a stupid multi-billion dollar wall, why don't we make them legal and start drawing PR taxes from the employers and employees? Business owners who like the deal they have hate this idea because it will cost them money and the penalty for hiring an illegal is virtually zero for the employer. They get almost all the benefits with zero risk.

    But hey, let's toss up a wall to fix the supply of illegals problem.
    Why don't we make them (the 30 million) legal? Because they are not here legally. They are here against the law. They are not allowed to be here. If you want to change the law, go ahead. If you can't change the law, you need to enforce the law.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

  9. #79
    President Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    How did lax immigration laws work out for the native population?

    I get your point.

    White Men Bad.

    But what about us? If lax immigration hurt the American Indians, how do you think we will fare? Do we have rights?
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

  10. #80
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Springboro OH
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    The migration policy institute? Do you take a minute to look at the source?

    Israel has a wall. They shut down migration. They have automatic weapons that will fire on anyone that crosses the no man's land. You know how many people those weapons kill? Zero. Because you would be a fool to cross the no mans land and encounter automatic machine gun fire.
    Are you telling me our wall weíll be like Isrealís Wall? If so, I support it! That will work. But I have not seen that anywhere. Please provide your source.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •