View Poll Results: Should we have a Wall?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    22 56.41%
  • No

    17 43.59%
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 201

Thread: The Wall

  1. #61
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,972
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Seriously ask yourself who you think those other 3M people are? Stop and really think about it, many come here to work, make the money, and they return home to their families. The 3M that are unemployed are most likely the employed's children/spouse for those that take their whole family here with them. Do you expect a stay at home mother to be employed? What about their kids?
    And that 3 million are costing state and local governments a heck of a lot of money and in turn, us. Healthcare, education etc etc
    Last edited by Xville; 01-09-2019 at 05:31 PM.

  2. #62
    Sophomore Lloyd Braun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I think this cartoon actually supports Trump's POV on the wall.
    Because white people ruined America? Thatís deep....

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ROX View Post
    Sorry.Didnt realize that
    That's cool.
    Pray the Rosary daily

  4. #64
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Montgomery
    Posts
    12,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Well I do know because he did.

    2. Back then whatever laws were on the books were followed, just as they should be today. Ones that weren't followed were sent back to country of origin. Yes numbers sent back were much lower back then but it still occurred.
    Point is there were virtually no laws. It's was as easy as coming. So when you say my grandpa and his brothers came here legally it's a horrible comparison. I also would love to know how you absolutely know without question he came here legally? How do you know he wasn't one of the hundreds of thousands who were just made legal because those in charge just realized there were sommany Europeans here illegally they just made them legal?
    "Iím willing to sacrifice everything for this team. Iím going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. Iím going to play harder than Iíve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

  5. #65
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    26,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Because white people ruined America? That’s deep....
    They certainly ruined it for the natives.

  6. #66
    Freshman X-ROX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Hamilton County
    Posts
    220
    FYI there XVille, the same NY Times says that close to 75% of illegals here in the US are actually employed. Close to three out of four here are gainfully employed, that participation rate is absolutely insane

    This quote is so ridiculous. How did they get that stat? Do they know where all these illegals are?? And why aren’t the employers being punished and the illegals being sent home?

    Fake news

  7. #67
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,972
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Point is there were virtually no laws. It's was as easy as coming. So when you say my grandpa and his brothers came here legally it's a horrible comparison. I also would love to know how you absolutely know without question he came here legally? How do you know he wasn't one of the hundreds of thousands who were just made legal because those in charge just realized there were sommany Europeans here illegally they just made them legal?
    I know without question because he received a Visa and came thru ellis island, and yes when he came thru, it was more lax than it was now but that doesnt mean I cant compare. He still followed laws which when he came over there were some at the time, illegals dont follow laws.

    You and left america may think it's an awful comparison, but that doesnt make it true.

  8. #68
    President Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by vee4xu View Post
    I've lived in Muirfield since 1992 and the Muirfield Assn. refuses to allow walls/fences, etc. However, I live in abject fear each spring, summer and fall that deer will come into my yard and eat our hostas and infect me or my family with Lyme disease. Also, I fear that my neighbor's leaves will blow into my yard and make me spend too much time cleaning up after him. Finally there are small children living nearby and I'm fearful that they will run into my yard and bite me. So, I am going to the next Muirfield Assn. meeting and insist that I be allowed to build a wall around my entire yard for these reasons and that they MUST pay for it.

    I'll let you all know how that turns out.
    90% White and an average income of $138,590. I would love to live without walls in Muirfield!! NO WALLS!!!!

    I think everyone should post their opinions along with their zipcode. Then we could look at their personal demographics.

    That is hilarious. You are doing well my friend. Keep doing what you are doing.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

  9. #69
    President Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Huh? He is an idiot with the media. He lies an average of 10 times a day, then gets mad when they call him on it.

    P.S. Mods - can we move to politics thread where this belongs?
    Where does this belong? Is this thread by existing violating your safe space? You seem to have a problem with me even posting this thread.

    You are a little man.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

  10. #70
    President Snipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    So what youíre saying is ďif we have border walls, only illegals will cross bordersĒ? Is this like ďif we have gun laws, only criminals will have guns.Ē?

    Hereís an interesting read:
    https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...ized-migration
    General conclusion: walls only work to divert illegal migrants.

    Again I ask, is the wall really the best use of money to solve a problem, or a is this a political stunt? Will it actually make the problem worse because now the public will think we have a solution?
    The migration policy institute? Do you take a minute to look at the source?

    Israel has a wall. They shut down migration. They have automatic weapons that will fire on anyone that crosses the no man's land. You know how many people those weapons kill? Zero. Because you would be a fool to cross the no mans land and encounter automatic machine gun fire.


    That is a wall. But the Migration Policy Institute thinks that walls don't work. I heard the ACLU doesn't want a wall either, why don't you post an article from them. Our current immigration system is based on the ACLU. They have done more than any other group to determine our immigration policy. When the shit hits the fan, people need to remember who was in charge.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •