View Poll Results: Should we have a Wall?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 56.41%
  • No

17 43.59%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wall

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    "I think you have to remove the incentives for people to come."
    This is dumb. They are coming for a better life, regardless of government assistance (though it sure would be nice!). We don't want to shoot them, so a passive system is needed. Duh.

Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?
    There's one smoking a joint,
    And another with spots!
    If I had my way,
    I'd have all of you shot!
    Last edited by nuts4xu; 01-09-2019 at 06:22 AM.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    This is dumb. They are coming for a better life, regardless of government assistance (though it sure would be nice!). We don't want to shoot them, so a passive system is needed. Duh.
    I agree with this, but it's clear to me that current leaders have no interest in actually finding a real solution. We currently fight illegals and drugs the same. We punish the illegals and we punish the users and to an extent the small time dealers. If you really want to curb both, you have to correct the demand for drugs and the demand for illegal labor. I don't think those are issues anyone in our government really want to face.

Trump won't touch demand for illegal labor because they voted for him and democrats won't touch demand for illegal drugs because they vote democrat.

Supporting Member
    Politicans have kicked the immigration can down the road for at the very least what 40-50 years now? At least Trump is trying to do something to curb some of the illegal activity. Is the wall the end all be all? Of course not, but it can potentially help and may even reduce some government spending toward immigration in the near future. I really dont understand the opposition on this...because of 5 billion? What if the costs end up being 10 billion? So? The government has spent billions more on way stupider shit than that.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post

Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?
    There's one smoking a joint,
    And another with spots!
    If I had my way,
    I'd have all of you shot!
    Ha!!! Thanks Roger Waters!!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    What if the costs end up being 10 billion? So? The government has spent billions more on way stupider shit than that.
    Gotta love wastefulness justifying more wastefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Politicans have kicked the immigration can down the road for at the very least what 40-50 years now? At least Trump is trying to do something to curb some of the illegal activity. Is the wall the end all be all? Of course not, but it can potentially help and may even reduce some government spending toward immigration in the near future. I really dont understand the opposition on this...because of 5 billion? What if the costs end up being 10 billion? So? The government has spent billions more on way stupider shit than that.
    I will just continue to be a broken record. The wall is a solution searching for it's problem. When demand is right here in the US, illegals will find their way over that stupid colossal waste of money. If you don't want illegals coming here, fix the demand for jobs first and foremost. Only then, should you think of doing more drastic and utterly moronic things.

I can't say it enough, I don't visit border areas. I LIVE IN A FREAKING BORDER AREA. If you want to seriously curb illegals coming in for jobs, hit the businesses who hire them hard. Illegals wouldn't come here if there weren't jobs.

Drugs are the same, hit the demand for drugs. As long as there is demand, the supply will find a way.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I will just continue to be a broken record. The wall is a solution searching for it's problem. When demand is right here in the US, illegals will find their way over that stupid colossal waste of money. If you don't want illegals coming here, fix the demand for jobs first and foremost. Only then, should you think of doing more drastic and utterly moronic things.

I can't say it enough, I don't visit border areas. I LIVE IN A FREAKING BORDER AREA. If you want to seriously curb illegals coming in for jobs, hit the businesses who hire them hard. Illegals wouldn't come here if there weren't jobs.

Drugs are the same, hit the demand for drugs. As long as there is demand, the supply will find a way.
    If you want to come here and work there are ways to do that legally and I'm all for it. I'm talking about the 3 million plus that come here and live off of our system (that's an estimated 1/3 of illegals living here) source ny times. They are the problem that "ruin" it for everyone else.

Do you really believe all illegals are coming here because of jobs? That's extremely naive when 1 out of 3 never intend to work here.

Just curious. What are the people who are living off our system and ruining it for everyone else getting?
    Jobs, where the employer wants to pay them low wage and not check their legal status?
    Or something else.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Just curious. What are the people who are living off our system and ruining it for everyone else getting?
    Jobs, where the employer wants to pay them low wage and not check their legal status?
    Or something else.
    Wic, er medical care, education are a few. Depending on what state they reside in, could receive more.

Jobs I dont care...they want to live here, work here, pay into the system and are on the road to beiglng citizens...all good. Wish they would go thru the system and come here legally, then do all those things but there is worse things in the world. My grandfather and a few brothers came over here legally at an extremely young age when italy was in a state of turmoil, but came over legally so spare me the excuses.
    Last edited by Xville; 01-09-2019 at 01:52 PM.