View Poll Results: Should we have a Wall?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 56.41%
  • No

17 43.59%
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wall

The Wall

The brilliance of the Shutdown is that you can decide for yourself. Are you for the wall, or are you not for the wall?

Now you may think Donald Trump is Hitler, but that is not the choice.

Maybe you don't like me claiming anything Trump is doing is "brilliant".

But the brilliance in Trumps stand is that you can easily define yourself.

This government shutdown is about The Wall.

Are you for the Wall? Are You Against the Wall?

I am a single issue voter. I am for The Wall. I am for enforcing immigration laws already on the books. Laws are laws, and they should mean something. Disregarding the existing law because you don't like Trump, I can't understand that. It is the law. I think if you don't like the law, you should change the law. Then you should enforce the law.

We live in a lawless society. I don't blame Trump for that. I blame us.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Supporting Member
    Building the wall is a good start in ending illegals.

Enforcing the law, or changing the law solves the problem. If people don't like the law they should change it.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Supporting Member
    I’m on the fence (no pun intended). I would support it if I had assurance that Mexicans don’t have ladders (breach the wall by climbing over) or shovels (breach the wall by tunneling under). Help me out.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    I’m on the fence (no pun intended). I would support it if I had assurance that Mexicans don’t have ladders (breach the wall by climbing over) or shovels (breach the wall by tunneling under). Help me out.
    Good point but I think the idea is to deter as much as possible and make it difficult to enter illegally. Enforcement of the law is just as important in this. If you are here and didn't enter the country as you should have, you should be detained and sent back. Still an enormous cost to that as well.

The Wall

Nothing can be done to approach a 100% stop to all illegal immigration across the Mexican border short of something like the Berlin Wall with manned machine gun towers every 50 yards with weapons free. However, a physical barrier of some kind will slow it down. That’s all most on the Right want. That, and enforce the laws already on the books.

Of course, neither party wants to solve the immigration issue and under no circumstances will Pelosi and Schumer give Trump a win. The Republicans wants to campaign on the Democrats being soft on border security and supporting illegal aliens. The Democrats wants to campaign on the Republicans being anti immigrant racists. Both should get off their high horses and do their damned jobs. Pass real immigration reform, including finally addressing DACA and the Dreamers, and improve border security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Live near the border before you make such a fool hardy choice. The wall won’t do a damn thing to illegals.

I told my wife just yesterday that illegals choose to cross an arid desert rather than fill out paperwork for resident alien status. I told her that for them they chose their perceived easier approach.

I think it’s more like drugs, if you actually punished employers for hiring illegals they might not hire so many. Like drugs, if you actually made an effort to combat usage it might shrink.

We don’t bother punishing employers. I am sure it is the “rich white person” reason but what ever you think it is it is still a fact.

The Wall

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    We don’t bother punishing employers. I am sure it is the “rich white person” reason but what ever you think it is it is still a fact.
    You do realize that if the prospective employee provides a drivers license (given to illegals with impunity) and a social security card that matches the name, for I-9 purposes, an employer cannot question the validity of citizenship of the person? This is assuming the employer is having all new hires complete an I-9. How do you punish the employer for that? Now, if they’re not bothering with an I-9, lock them up.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    Even if you don’t think a wall will work which I’m not sure anyone genuinely believes it won’t be effective to some extent, it’s not really expensive at all. The opposition makes no sense to me

I visited the "wall" that is in place at Nogales this past October. The point of the wall in Nogales is to keep people from having easy cross-over in urban areas where they can assimilate easily into the population and not be found. The point is to force them to cross in dangerous areas like the desert. Despite this, you still have people willing to try. I also told that most of those trying to sneak in are paying the cartels to do so. It was eye-opening experience. I'm not sure a "wall" will do much. But I do think immigration laws need some tightening up.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook