View Poll Results: Should we have a Wall?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 56.41%
  • No

17 43.59%
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wall

How deep can they make this wall?

https://twitter.com/policiafedmx/sta...928900609?s=21

It would be much easier to be open to anything Trump suggests if he wasn’t such a slick con man. He can’t seem to be honest with much of anything when directly asked. I believe the wall is a charade and distraction. Strange timing for a “National Energency” isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Matt Wolking
    ‏@MattWolking
    Local CA news station:

“We believe CNN declined a report from ⁦@KUSINews⁩ because we informed them that most Border Patrol Agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work.”

https://twitter.com/MattWolking/stat...90342048780292
    This is annoying to me because of course the wall works somewhat in dense populated areas. It makes sense there and nobody is saying it doesn’t. This isn’t the argument. You want it straight across the entirety is US southern border.

That is your argument. Stay on topic, have any of you given the thought of what a giant wall across our southern border might do to the migration of animals? Doubtful, but maybe you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    This is annoying to me because of course the wall works somewhat in dense populated areas. It makes sense there and nobody is saying it doesn’t. This isn’t the argument. You want it straight across the entirety is US southern border.

That is your argument. Stay on topic, have any of you given the thought of what a giant wall across our southern border might do to the migration of animals? Doubtful, but maybe you have.

We should build the wall as one part of an effective border security system. Democrats and Republicans should immediately vote Yes for wall...

migration of animals........lol holy shit I hope you aren't serious

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Seems the role of the US Federal government was setup to be rather simple. Unfortunately it’s become so bloated and ineffective. Like Snipe, I became an one issue voter and thought we had the best chance of getting border security with Trump. As always, border security has become such a partisan issue and we’re getting what we deserve because of people we voted into Congress. This is not to say Trump hasn’t added fuel to this fire - because he most certainly has.

As I will say again, just secure the damn border the most efficient way possible including the point of entry (combination of wall, agents, drones, sensors- whatever). Specifics from either side would be much appreciated. Based off history, reform now and security later doesn’t work to well.

For those who say this thread should not exist, simple don’t read it. I continue to learn a lot from people’s thoughts on this message board. Certainly doesn’t help me if I can’t read someone’s comments I don’t agree with.

Despite border arrests being at a 46 year low, it's just now a "crisis" that might require declaring a national emergency.
    Doesn't that somehow seem just a little strange?

If we agree that more of something must be done, why is it necessary to hold the government hostage?
    Why not open the government and then set about working on that one issue separately?

The Senate passed a funding bill a few weeks ago, the house passed the same bill...but the Senate won't put it up for a vote now.
    Just open the government and stop being children.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Despite border arrests being at a 46 year low, it's just now a "crisis" that might require declaring a national emergency.
    Doesn't that somehow seem just a little strange?

If we agree that more of something must be done, why is it necessary to hold the government hostage?
    Why not open the government and then set about working on that one issue separately?

The Senate passed a funding bill a few weeks ago, the house passed the same bill...but the Senate won't put it up for a vote now.
    Just open the government and stop being children.
    Couldn’t agree more. Chuck and Nan should stop being so little and petty and vote for the wall/security funding. Who knows, if they weren’t idiots they could likely get amnesty for the dreamers out of the deal but they’re stupid and won’t compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    migration of animals........lol holy shit I hope you aren't serious

Here in the CO mountains we have wildlife fences along some highways (CO 9) for which I am extremely grateful. We almost had to put a cow catcher on our SUV because the deer population was/is out of control. Point is, even with animals controlled crossings work.

They'll turn around and hang out in the vast area that is the state of Texas.

The GO Fund Me for the wall being refunded. Just 24 billion 980 million short.
    2023 Sweet 16