View Poll Results: Should we have a Wall?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 56.41%
  • No

17 43.59%
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wall

Just a quick google search also tells me that most illegals the come in each year are the result of Visa overstays and not coming across the Southern border. I mean damn, this wall just becomes a worse and worse idea. With all of Donnie's failed business ventures, bankruptcies and fraud, it sounds more and more like his idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Are you saying FAIR wasn't founded by white supremacists.
    I have no idea, but the SPLC saying it's so doesn't mean anything to me. Plus, who's defining "white supremacists"? Anymore, that tends to mean anyone that appreciates Western Civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    My wife and I made some little White People.
    Congrats.
    2023 Sweet 16

I see the problem with employers. I have pointed it out repeatedly on this thread. I would like e-verify to become the law.

The whole system is rigged. In the example I cited it talked about a $435 Billion gain to employers and a $400 billion dollar hit to the wages of working class Americans.

Now who do you think has political power? The people that just gained $435 have a vested monetary interest in continuing the practice. They have the gains. They even now have extra piles of cash lying around to throw at politicians. In comparison, who much political power to working class Americans have? In this case slim to none, or they never would have allowed it in the first place.

The people in power who claim they are for the poor have been exploiting them for decades. I am speaking Truth to Power. I don't blame low skill people in poverty for wanting to come to America and undercut our working class for wages. They have good reasons for wanting to come to America. But more people would like to come to America world wide than we already have living here as Americans. It isn't sustainable, and it is not possible to accommodate them all and still have something that resembles America.

I think in the short run I have probably benefited from immigration. Cheaper roof work on buildings, cheaper produce and meats.

I think if we limit immigration I will pay more for those goods. I will be a net loser. I am willing to do it though because I do care about working class Americans.

You used to be a meat cutter and put a kid through college. It is a shitty job, but it paid well because people didn't want to do it. Now we have immigrant labor it is still a shitty job, but it also has shitty pay. If I have to pay more so be it. We need a strong working class.
    Man Donald Trump is playing you like a fiddle.
    Last edited by Caf; 01-11-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Plus, who's defining "white supremacists"? Anymore, that tends to mean anyone that appreciates Western Civilization.
    Steve King?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Man Donald Trump is playing you like a fiddle.
    He probably has. I am a one issue voter and my issue is immigration. I support Trump because he was the only one who pledged to do anything about it. I think it is the most important issue the country faces, and it impacts all the other important issues. It is hard to think of a major issue for me without it being touched by immigration.

Was Hiliary Clinton going to address immigration? It doesn't look like anyone is going to address immigration. I think Trump will lose his battle and won't get his wall. I think Democrats are for immigration because it brings more Democrats. Is it good for America? Is it good for the working class? I don't see any evidence that they care. Many now claim that a wall or any other physical barrier is immoral.

I want a wall, I want e-verify, and I want to enforce existing laws. I would like to see the resurgence of working class Americans, and that includes Mexican Americans. If you are an immigration voter like me, Donald J Trump is the only game in town. I think he will fail. I think nothing will get done. It is the status quo. Too many powerful interests are profiting at the expense of the American working class.

It is a tragedy.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I have no idea, but the SPLC saying it's so doesn't mean anything to me. Plus, who's defining "white supremacists"? Anymore, that tends to mean anyone that appreciates Western Civilization.
    A racist used to be someone that hated other peoples. Now a racist is someone that radical liberals don't like. You can claim you are not a white supremacist, but the SPLC will decide that for you. And if I reference the Center for Immigration Studies, I am "referencing White supremacists", meaning that I am probably one too.

If they don't like an argument, it is racist. Then they don't have to deal with inconvenient facts that are hard to dispute, like the systematic degradation of the American working class. Who wants to argue for that? But if you can call someone a racist, well then that settles it. No need to think or confront difficult concepts like costs and benefits, who gets paid and who bears the brunt of the pain. It is much cleaner. "I am virtuous, my opponents are bad people. I don't have to consider their arguments"

If you want solutions you need everyone to come to the table and assume good faith.

He probably has. I am a one issue voter and my issue is immigration. I support Trump because he was the only one who pledged to do anything about it. I think it is the most important issue the country faces, and it impacts all the other important issues. It is hard to think of a major issue for me without it being touched by immigration.

Was Hiliary Clinton going to address immigration? It doesn't look like anyone is going to address immigration. I think Trump will lose his battle and won't get his wall. I think Democrats are for immigration because it brings more Democrats. Is it good for America? Is it good for the working class? I don't see any evidence that they care. Many now claim that a wall or any other physical barrier is immoral.

I want a wall, I want e-verify, and I want to enforce existing laws. I would like to see the resurgence of working class Americans, and that includes Mexican Americans. If you are an immigration voter like me, Donald J Trump is the only game in town. I think he will fail. I think nothing will get done. It is the status quo. Too many powerful interests are profiting at the expense of the American working class.

It is a tragedy.
    I can't disagree that he is and was your best shot at reform, but it all seems pretty insincere to me. There was the troops to the border stunt right at the midterm election. A wall whose budget and specifications about size and funding keep getting softer. He honestly benefits from the wall not being built as much as anyone and not just because his properties have hired and faked documents for undocumented immigrants. It could get him elected again if it doesn't go through and he gets to base another campaign around it. He just needs people with your views to think he's given it his all and is on your side.

Well like you said, what choice do I really have. He is the best shot. I don't see anything getting done.

And Republicans had the House and Senate, and they weren't about to do anything. They are all useless.

Matt Wolking
    ‏@MattWolking
    Local CA news station:

“We believe CNN declined a report from ⁦@KUSINews⁩ because we informed them that most Border Patrol Agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work.”

https://twitter.com/MattWolking/stat...90342048780292