View Poll Results: Should we have a Wall?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 52.78%
  • No

    17 47.22%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 185

Thread: The Wall

  1. #131
    Sophomore Lloyd Braun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,365
    How deep can they make this wall?

    https://twitter.com/policiafedmx/sta...928900609?s=21

    It would be much easier to be open to anything Trump suggests if he wasn’t such a slick con man. He can’t seem to be honest with much of anything when directly asked. I believe the wall is a charade and distraction. Strange timing for a “National Energency” isn’t it?

  2. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Matt Wolking
    ‏@MattWolking
    Local CA news station:

    “We believe CNN declined a report from ⁦@KUSINews⁩ because we informed them that most Border Patrol Agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work.”

    https://twitter.com/MattWolking/stat...90342048780292
    This is annoying to me because of course the wall works somewhat in dense populated areas. It makes sense there and nobody is saying it doesn’t. This isn’t the argument. You want it straight across the entirety is US southern border.

    That is your argument. Stay on topic, have any of you given the thought of what a giant wall across our southern border might do to the migration of animals? Doubtful, but maybe you have.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    This is annoying to me because of course the wall works somewhat in dense populated areas. It makes sense there and nobody is saying it doesn’t. This isn’t the argument. You want it straight across the entirety is US southern border.

    That is your argument. Stay on topic, have any of you given the thought of what a giant wall across our southern border might do to the migration of animals? Doubtful, but maybe you have.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We should build the wall as one part of an effective border security system. Democrats and Republicans should immediately vote Yes for wall...

  4. #134
    Supporting Member bleedXblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,539
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    This is annoying to me because of course the wall works somewhat in dense populated areas. It makes sense there and nobody is saying it doesn’t. This isn’t the argument. You want it straight across the entirety is US southern border.

    That is your argument. Stay on topic, have any of you given the thought of what a giant wall across our southern border might do to the migration of animals? Doubtful, but maybe you have.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    migration of animals........lol holy shit I hope you aren't serious

  5. #135
    Supporting Member noteggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    335
    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

    Seems the role of the US Federal government was setup to be rather simple. Unfortunately it’s become so bloated and ineffective. Like Snipe, I became an one issue voter and thought we had the best chance of getting border security with Trump. As always, border security has become such a partisan issue and we’re getting what we deserve because of people we voted into Congress. This is not to say Trump hasn’t added fuel to this fire - because he most certainly has.

    As I will say again, just secure the damn border the most efficient way possible including the point of entry (combination of wall, agents, drones, sensors- whatever). Specifics from either side would be much appreciated. Based off history, reform now and security later doesn’t work to well.

    For those who say this thread should not exist, simple don’t read it. I continue to learn a lot from people’s thoughts on this message board. Certainly doesn’t help me if I can’t read someone’s comments I don’t agree with.

  6. #136
    Hall of Famer paulxu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    13,866
    Despite border arrests being at a 46 year low, it's just now a "crisis" that might require declaring a national emergency.
    Doesn't that somehow seem just a little strange?

    If we agree that more of something must be done, why is it necessary to hold the government hostage?
    Why not open the government and then set about working on that one issue separately?

    The Senate passed a funding bill a few weeks ago, the house passed the same bill...but the Senate won't put it up for a vote now.
    Just open the government and stop being children.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

  7. #137
    Supporting Member Strange Brew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    2,528
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Despite border arrests being at a 46 year low, it's just now a "crisis" that might require declaring a national emergency.
    Doesn't that somehow seem just a little strange?

    If we agree that more of something must be done, why is it necessary to hold the government hostage?
    Why not open the government and then set about working on that one issue separately?

    The Senate passed a funding bill a few weeks ago, the house passed the same bill...but the Senate won't put it up for a vote now.
    Just open the government and stop being children.
    Couldn’t agree more. Chuck and Nan should stop being so little and petty and vote for the wall/security funding. Who knows, if they weren’t idiots they could likely get amnesty for the dreamers out of the deal but they’re stupid and won’t compromise.

  8. #138
    Supporting Member Strange Brew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    2,528
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    migration of animals........lol holy shit I hope you aren't serious

    Here in the CO mountains we have wildlife fences along some highways (CO 9) for which I am extremely grateful. We almost had to put a cow catcher on our SUV because the deer population was/is out of control. Point is, even with animals controlled crossings work.

  9. #139
    Supporting Member Juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,292
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    This is annoying to me because of course the wall works somewhat in dense populated areas. It makes sense there and nobody is saying it doesn’t. This isn’t the argument. You want it straight across the entirety is US southern border.

    That is your argument. Stay on topic, have any of you given the thought of what a giant wall across our southern border might do to the migration of animals? Doubtful, but maybe you have.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They'll turn around and hang out in the vast area that is the state of Texas.

  10. #140
    Supporting Member bobbiemcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,948
    The GO Fund Me for the wall being refunded. Just 24 billion 980 million short.
    This space for rent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •