View Poll Results: Should we have a Wall?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 56.41%
  • No

17 43.59%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: The Wall

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Build the damn thing....10,000 feet high.
    #LegalAmericansFirst
    Does this hashtag have a filtering option in between "Legal" and "Americans?" I think some people in this thread will find it useful.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Man Donald Trump is playing you like a fiddle.
    Go back to your safe space! Donald Trump has not used me for anything, he cares about all of us before himself. A real plan for a wall is certainly happening - just like everything else he said will happen. I repeat, I have not been duped. MAGA!
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 01-15-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    Run the table.

600 some odd miles of the border already has a wall. If this money goes toward repairing/replacing that, I wouldn't oppose it. If you are looking to curb illegals start with people who overstay VISAs. After that, I would hit employers who hire illegals and pay them crappy wages. Here in Phoenix, we know who they are and so does ICE. They just don't care enough to bust them.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    This is silly. There isn't a stack of money sitting on a coffee table, looking to be spent. The western hills viaduct and Brent Spence bridge both need to be replaced whether a wall is built or not. We aren't deciding what to do with the stack of money, and it isn't an either/or situation.
    So are you suggesting the government has an unlimited amount of money to do whatever it wants? There’s no opportunity cost?

Note I didn’t suggest these projects are mutually exclusive, but I’m just providing context. I’d still like to hear your answer though.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    So are you suggesting the government has an unlimited amount of money to do whatever it wants? There’s no opportunity cost?
    Nope, never said anything close to that nonesense. We can come up with dozens of ways to spend $5 billion, but none of them have anything to do with building a wall on our southern border.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Supporting Member
    Last time I checked the U.S. Mint still had a printing press; where they can print and print. When I was a kid White Castle's were a nickel with a coupon from the newspaper they were six for a quarter ; now they are ninety cents for one. Lots of printed money.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Go back to your safe space! Donald Trump has not used me for anything, he cares about all of us before himself. A real plan for a wall is certainly happening - just like everything else he said will happen. I repeat, I have not been duped. MAGA!
    What is interesting through this whole Shutdown thing is that Trump has been working as President while not taking a paycheck. He said he was serving as President gratis when he took office, so he isn't being paid either.

Know who is? Uh, Pelosi, Schumer and every legislator. They're getting that jack while the guys on the front line get jacked.
    Time to declare a National Emergency and end this Tomfoolery.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Know who is? .... every legislator. They're getting that jack while the guys on the front line get jacked.
    Really? https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/08/polit...own/index.html

Of course, these legislators who are donating their paychecks to charity, don't have a hotel or golf rentals for secret security agents lining their pockets during the shutdown. And they are Republicans and Democrats.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Really? https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/08/polit...own/index.html

Of course, these legislators who are donating their paychecks to charity, don't have a hotel or golf rentals for secret security agents lining their pockets during the shutdown. And they are Republicans and Democrats.
    Welp, REALLY. They ARE getting paid. If they choose to donate, great, but that doesn't disprove my statement. And who's pockets are being lined? I'd guess that the Lobbyists haven't stopped paying Legislators for influence.
    Want to give Trump any credit for working for zero pay....all along? Nope. Didn't think so.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Welp, REALLY. They ARE getting paid. If they choose to donate, great, but that doesn't disprove my statement. And who's pockets are being lined? I'd guess that the Lobbyists haven't stopped paying Legislators for influence.
    Want to give Trump any credit for working for zero pay....all along? Nope. Didn't think so.
    He's a billionaire, every Congress person is quite well off, and at the end of the day the shutdown is their collective faults. No credit to any of these hacks for not getting paid from their own failures. If it was a sacrifice worth getting credit for than they might have been motivated to find a resolution by now.