Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    We suck. But we sucked the first year of the Chris Mack era, too.

We will be good again. Starting next season.
    We made it to double OT in the Sweet 16 in Mack’s first year. That’s hardly sucking. Maybe you’re thinking of the first year of the Miller era?

Also, I am sorry for being pessimistic, but why is everyone so convinced next year will be better? Our returners still won’t be able to defend. We lose our only consistent shooting threat, which means we’ll be relying on a freshman or grad transfer...

On that point...
    - Who have been our most “ready” true freshmen over the past 10 years or so... Semaj? Dez? Trevon? If you added any of them to this year’s roster (as freshman), would we be seeing different results?

- How could any potential grad transfer watch film of this year’s grad transfers and not question whether it’s the right fit for their last year of college basketball?

I want this to be a one year hiatus more than anyone, but I just can’t objectively see it.

People, this team is deteriorating. No skill development. Same mistakes/turnovers every game. No player on this roster is better now than Game 1. (Paul was great from Game 1 and was a true 4 star so he doesn't qualify here) Stuff learned from the staff last year is fading away. Not having much confidence in this whole staff right about now.
    I’m not even just knocking Travis. But I’m convinced that a good assistant staff is underrated. Pegues made our bigs better for example. Seems like Travis made selections based on recruiting more than on court coaching because I see zero player advancement & arguably guys are worse.#Reality

If we don't win these next two at home vs teams we can beat, it's a looooooooooong slog to the season ending swamp.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Totally. We sucked all the way to the Sweet Sixteen and a double OT classic against Kansas State.
    We had Tu Holloway and an NBA ready Jordan Crawford as basket getters. Don't have anything like that on this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    We had Tu Holloway and an NBA ready Jordan Crawford as basket getters. Don't have anything like that on this roster.
    Of course not. But we didn't suck. Not until after the "Dez Wells Affair". Nice of us to allow the A-10 jokers to all get their shots in on us our last time through the league.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Of course not. But we didn't suck. Not until after the "Dez Wells Affair". Nice of us to allow the A-10 jokers to all get their shots in on us our last time through the league.
    Welp. Glad we'll be collecting some NCAA credits through the league this year. Cause we sure aren't earning any.
    Thank Gawd we're not paying Fordham anymore

Sophomore
    One down year isn't the end of the world, or necessarily the beginning of some slide into oblivion. Butler went 4-14 in 2014 and a year later was 12-6 in the league and 2nd place. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Sophomore
    We had 6 losses in a row 2 years ago(elite 8) but were waiting for Tre to come back and (sadly) to get Q as a replacement for Sumner. We are not waiting for anyone now. I feel bad for the grad transfers who kind of thought they were slotted for replacing Sean/Kerem (Zach) and a poor man's Tre in Ryan. Kyle could be an inspector gadget glue guy. Losing Kaiser is forgotten but watching g league highlights he has found his missing 3 stroke. I hope we can at least make the NIT as running the table at MSG seems ridiculous now, getting to Thurs would be the goal(although they did play Depaul on Wed in 2017. Good luck to my favorite team and I will wear the colors proud

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    I hope we can at least make the NIT
    It is hard to fathom any path between now and MSG that results in us having a winning record for the season.

Don’t underestimate the value of having high division 1 talent up and down a bench. It allows a coach to give minutes to the talent regardless of situation. We have 10 guys now and 7 high D1 talent. Now, two of those Jones and Goodin are underperforming. Harden is underperforming for his class.

Having 12-13 high D1 guys in the bench is huge for managing minutes and play quality over 40 minutes. We had 10 last season but really because 9 were all high quality players.

Before we all crap on Jones and Goodin, there are a lot of players on rosters who would be terrible when defenses pack the lane. Having a couple of long distance shooters opens the lane and makes guy like Marshall and Goodin drive better and makes room for Jones to operate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    People, this team is deteriorating. No skill development. Same mistakes/turnovers every game. No player on this roster is better now than Game 1. (Paul was great from Game 1 and was a true 4 star so he doesn't qualify here) Stuff learned from the staff last year is fading away. Not having much confidence in this whole staff right about now.
    I’m not even just knocking Travis. But I’m convinced that a good assistant staff is underrated. Pegues made our bigs better for example. Seems like Travis made selections based on recruiting more than on court coaching because I see zero player advancement & arguably guys are worse.#Reality

If we don't win these next two at home vs teams we can beat, it's a looooooooooong slog to the season ending swamp.
    Jesus, this is depressing. I'm very close here to slitting my wrists.