Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Assuming we lose 1 in New York we would need to win just 4 the rest of the way. I think we win another 5-6 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if we have all these top players then Steele sucks which means we are going to suck for a long time. The good news is he doesn’t suck. However we do suck. It’s okay though bc we will be back next year or the year after next. Makes you appreciate not being a Dayton fan. Could you imagine sucking all
    The time? Everything will be fine. Just goes to show you there is a reason our 3 transfers didn’t
    Play at high D1 schools.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Remember the chin.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    As I said in the game thread, this team could be the first since Bob Staak’s 3rd season (‘81-‘82, 8-20) to lose 20. That was also the last time we had a losing conference record of 1-11. We might not lose 20, but the conference streak is definitely over this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    We have not been a flagship program since joining the Big East. Top tier no doubt, but Nova has been the flagship program in this conference
    If there can only be one flagship then yea, Nova is obviously that. But we have been the clear #2. Tournament every year. Multiple months ranked in the top #10. Elite eight, a 1 seed and a 2 seed. And that is all over 5 years.
    Last edited by Drew; 01-06-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Temporary setback.

That’s what I keep telling myself about this year.
    Not shocking in any way.

Not sure if there is a link to this piece (which was written after The SH game) posted somewhere else on the board already. I do know it was worth reading. Pretty detailed and spot on- supported by real stats and other objective truths.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ban...ketball-steele

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    If there can only be one flagship then yea, Nova is obviously that. But we have been the clear #2. Tournament every year. Multiple months ranked in the top #10. Elite eight, a 1 seed and a 2 seed. And that is all over 5 years.
    Absolutely agree. When I think flagship I think of the first team that comes to mind when you say a conference name... Big East is Nova, Big Ten MSU, ACC Duke, SEC UK and so on. Maybe a little gray area in some conferences like with Indiana or UNC, but that is just my definition.

We suck. But we sucked the first year of the Chris Mack era, too.

We will be good again. Starting next season.

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    We suck. But we sucked the first year of the Chris Mack era, too.
    Totally. We sucked all the way to the Sweet Sixteen and a double OT classic against Kansas State.