Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Gotcha. Well, someone had to be the first in this department....might as well be X. We can also be the first team to have it happen and then make the final four the following year or two with the new coach. Stranger things have happened :)
    Hey, the last time we finished in 10th place, we won the conference tournament!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Rick Pitino. Kentucky 1997. Won the national championship the following year with Tubby Smith as HC.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Rick Pitino. Kentucky 1997. Won the national championship the following year with Tubby Smith as HC.
    Public reps. I was living in Kentucky at the time. You'd think I would have remembered that.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Hey, the last time we finished in 10th place, we won the conference tournament!!
    I'm stealing this and using it on the Twitter machine!!!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    What I was looking at is examples of coaches leaving programs the season after they earned a #1 seed. I can't think of a single example where that has happened. So, what we are experiencing right now is kind of a first.
    This is significant. Couple that with what MANY PEOPLE here think is less than acceptable BE level talent to work with, you have a perfect storm. If the harsh criticism directed at our returning core 4 continues have merit, Coach is basically dealing with ALL FOUR YEARS of failed recruiting by CM. I mean what is being said about Q and the perception that Ty has a very limited skill set, our JR and SR classes are basically a bust....not to mention the failed freshman class.

I strongly disagree with the negativity directed at our core 4 but aside from Zach, we are getting nothing of significance from the rest of the roster. We are breaking new ground here and Coach needs to be given all benefit of doubt.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 02-13-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Saw something on Facebook today from Shannon Russell about Malcolm Bernard being in town rehabbing his torn AchillesÂ’ tendon. He apparently has asked Steele if he can talk to the team. Malcolm was part of the team that lost 6 in a row. WeÂ’ll see what happens.
    That’s awesome- Thanks for sharing!

I was hoping (even posted about it a bit ago) that he would talk to the team. The perfect player to remind this team that they can still turn things around. He may be just the guy to push the right buttons to get this team playing together at a higher level, leaving it all on the floor.

I could see him getting the core four fired up becasue they saw what he meant to and did for that elite eight team (even though Paul and Naji did not playing on it). I could also see him connecting with the 1 year transfers - players who are in the same situation he was - about the importance of stepping up now and leaving it all on the floor... because this is it for them.
    Last edited by IM4X; 02-13-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Hear me out. We beat Providence in a battle of last place teams, Creighton beats Seton Hall at home and SJU loses to Nova. Back within a game of 3rd place.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Someone brought up previously if there were any 1 seeds to miss the tourney next year. I saw on twitter there have been 10 or 11 (can't remember now which) times that a one seed has missed the tourney the next year.
    Yeah it happens more than you think.

Off top of my head Kentucky in 2013 (Robert Morris NIT game)

Florida did it twice actually. 2014 Scottie Wilbiken year and 2008 where both Florida and Ohio St didnt get back to tournament after both making finals as 1 seeds

Imagine St Joes too? I don't think they made tourney after Jameer and Delonte

EDIT : Looked up St Joes yeah , they lost to GW (lol) the year after in A10 finals. Shoutout Pops Mensah Bonsu
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 02-13-2019 at 11:18 PM.
    Run the table.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Yeah it happens more than you think.

Off top of my head Kentucky in 2013 (Robert Morris NIT game)

Florida did it twice actually. 2014 Scottie Wilbiken year and 2008 where both Florida and Ohio St didnt get back to tournament after both making finals as 1 seeds

Imagine St Joes too? I don't think they made tourney after Jameer and Delonte

EDIT : Looked up St Joes yeah , they lost to GW (lol) the year after in A10 finals. Shoutout Pops Mensah Bonsu
    Pops!

Was that the year GW was like 25-1 but only got an 8 seed because they had no good wins and the A10 was crap?

Or maybe that was 2006 the next year when we won 4 in 4 to make it?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

What ever happened to Mike Jarvis?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club