Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    In 2009, UNC won the whole enchilada.

In 2010, they went 5-11 in conference and didn't make the dance.

We'll be fine.
    We may or may not be fine. N Car has won't several Enchiladas, Oodles of FInal 4s & Bundles of Elite 8s. We have 3 Elite 8s
    I love your confidence.

After tonight, Xavier's defensive efficiency is 172nd in the nation. How is that even possible with multiple 4 star recruits on this team?

We're staring last place right between the eyes.

Sophomore
    If we lose the rest of our games, do we get to draft James Wiseman?

I keep wanting to lose Bc I keep thinking they will get rewarded but it doesn’t work that way. This team is in every game. If we had depth we would win these close games. X will be fine in two years just have to ride this out till then. Then pray Steele stays Bc if he starts winning big he could be next in-line for Indiana. Indiana is awful
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    X will be fine in two years just have to ride this out till then. Then pray Steele stays Bc if he starts winning big he could be next in-line for Indiana. Indiana is awful
    I agree with the bold (but pray that Scruggs stays for his sr. season). Praying that Steele (11-11) doesn't bolt to Indiana...Jesus. I assume and hope that one day we are worried about what school wants Steele but that won't happen for awhile.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Then pray Steele stays Bc if he starts winning big he could be next in-line for Indiana. Indiana is awful
    Yeah, they are so awful their body of work is 40 spots ahead of us in the NET Rankings.

Archie Miller > Travis Steele by a wider margin than I can quantify.

Yes, our talent will be better next year, that has been said a lot on here, but is anyone convinced they'll be coached up by this staff of recruiters? I'm not. I know the new guys will look at Trav differently, he'll be the head coach, not the former assistant who used to have a different relationship with the guys, but I've not seen a lot of in-game coaching that makes me believe in this group.

This roster, by the way, is plenty good enough to be much better than 11-11, I'm not letting that point go.

This team doesn't suck. They are undisciplined which falls on the coach. They give games away with turnovers and poor shot selection.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    How could anyone possibly know that. Miller took 3 years to get to the dance. Steele has 22 games under his belt.
    Steele may fall flat and there's a lot not to like about our performance...but it's way too early to make a comparison.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    Yeah, they are so awful their body of work is 40 spots ahead of us in the NET Rankings.

Yes, our talent will be better next year, that has been said a lot on here, but is anyone convinced they'll be coached up by this staff of recruiters? I'm not. I know the new guys will look at Trav differently, he'll be the head coach, not the former assistant who used to have a different relationship with the guys, but I've not seen a lot of in-game coaching that makes me believe in this group.

This roster, by the way, is plenty good enough to be much better than 11-11, I'm not letting that point go.
    This is exactly how I feel, great group of recruiters and not much development and in-game coaching going on.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    How could anyone possibly know that. Miller took 3 years to get to the dance. Steele has 22 games under his belt.
    Steele may fall flat and there's a lot not to like about our performance...but it's way too early to make a comparison.
    He brought up how bad IU was and that Travis would be a target...when I was done laughing, I had to respond.

Keep in mind, Travis couldn't get the WKU job, the Bradley job, or the NKU job...and while it is early, there has to be a lot to be concerned about. I know this, if I had to put something at risk that mattered to me on those two guys looking 5 or 10 years into the future, I'd put all of it on Archie and love my chances.