Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 253
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Couldn't find a perfect thread for this, but it only seems fitting to place this here...

    Three guys that Xavier was heavily involved with in the 2018 class are getting 'mocked' in the first round by ESPN:

    Jaxson Hayes at 14. (averaging 10/5 and 2.5 blocks)
    Talen Horton-Tucker at 24. (13/5/3)
    Ayo Dosunmu at 25. (13/4.5/3)

    These were all guys who were seriously linked to X late into the recruiting cycle. If X were to have gotten any one of them (even Hayes, alone, I think), this season could have already been off to a different start.
    In the "what if" department.... how about if Gates would have not cut and run. He had no ligit statistical reason to try pro ball. He could have changed that and become the senior leader we are sorely missing, but instead left his teammates holding the bag. Blown chance at redemption IMO.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 01-08-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

  2. #62
    Sophomore XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,072
    Not getting any players like that in the last class, and not getting a few more of them over the last couple of classes, is exactly why X is where it is right now.

  3. #63
    I think its dumb to play the what if game. It certainly plays for and against a program. You can insert anything you want.
    What if Ed Pinkney had come to Xavier?
    What if TJ Johnson's layup goes in against UMass?
    What if Pete Gillen doesn't leave?
    What if David West hired an agent after his sophomore year?
    What if Tim Chadwell hadn't seen Brian Grant in Georgetown OH?
    What if Drew Lavender didn't leave Oklahoma?
    What if Justin Cage gets the intentional foul call against OSU?
    What if Aaron Williams tip follow doesn't go in against Georgetown?
    What if Kenny Frease lived up to his potential?
    What if Anthony Myles doesn't foul out against Duke?

  4. #64
    Supporting Member Strange Brew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    2,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Go Golston View Post
    What if Justin Cage gets the intentional foul call against OSU?
    What if Anthony Myles doesn't foul out against Duke?
    Well, thanks for this. My day is ruined.....

  5. #65
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    555
    that was a shock to me..he would have been 14 p and 8 Reb and good defense. Wonder how it would have negative effected others like Hankins, Welage,etc.

  6. #66
    Walk-On
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Go Golston View Post
    I think its dumb to play the what if game. It certainly plays for and against a program. You can insert anything you want.
    What if Ed Pinkney had come to Xavier?
    What if TJ Johnson's layup goes in against UMass?
    What if Pete Gillen doesn't leave?
    What if David West hired an agent after his sophomore year?
    What if Tim Chadwell hadn't seen Brian Grant in Georgetown OH?
    What if Drew Lavender didn't leave Oklahoma?
    What if Justin Cage gets the intentional foul call against OSU?
    What if Aaron Williams tip follow doesn't go in against Georgetown?
    What if Kenny Frease lived up to his potential?
    What if Anthony Myles doesn't foul out against Duke?
    If I get to insert anything I want, how about this?

    What if Byron Larkin (and his wife) had triplet boys, all great hoops players and they had all come to X to lead this team. That isn't dumb is it?

  7. #67
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    In the "what if" department.... how about if Gates would have not cut and run. He had no ligit statistical reason to try pro ball. He could have changed that and become the senior leader we are sorely missing, but instead left his teammates holding the bag. Blown chance at redemption IMO.
    He’s doing pretty well in the G-League, why does a “legit statistical reason” look like? He’s a 6’8 athletic shooter who just turned 22. He wasn’t going to creep into the 1st round unless something crazy happened, so I’d say the timing was about right for him to go. I wish he didn’t, but in hindsight he likely made the correct decision.

  8. #68
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Go Golston View Post
    I think its dumb to play the what if game. It certainly plays for and against a program. You can insert anything you want.
    What if Ed Pinkney had come to Xavier?
    What if TJ Johnson's layup goes in against UMass?
    What if Pete Gillen doesn't leave?
    What if David West hired an agent after his sophomore year?
    What if Tim Chadwell hadn't seen Brian Grant in Georgetown OH?
    What if Drew Lavender didn't leave Oklahoma?
    What if Justin Cage gets the intentional foul call against OSU?
    What if Aaron Williams tip follow doesn't go in against Georgetown?
    What if Kenny Frease lived up to his potential?
    What if Anthony Myles doesn't foul out against Duke?
    The point of the comment was that we struck out in literally every priority recruit we had, and it’s part of the reason we are in the position we are.

  9. #69
    Walk-On
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    The point of the comment was that we struck out in literally every priority recruit we had, and it’s part of the reason we are in the position we are.
    Understand your point. This whole thread is making me cry.

  10. #70
    Supporting Member noteggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    499
    Interesting from presser today from Steele

    - They may use two bigs in game at same time vs Georgetown.
    - Q hasn’t practiced since game on Sunday because of knee.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •