Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seton Hall

Seton Hall

Hey everyone. My fiance bought me tickets for my 40th birthday to the game in Newark this Saturday. For the people that will be attending, is there a meeting place for pregame beverages?
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

Called my sources at X, there is nothing official planned before the game.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Got a group going also. Not sure if there are even going to be places open around there at 9am.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by sgarcia View Post
    Hey everyone. My fiance bought me tickets for my 40th birthday to the game in Newark this Saturday. For the people that will be attending, is there a meeting place for pregame beverages?
    Hope you see a competitive game for your birthday!! That fiance is a keeper.

I'll be in attendance as well. 11 AM start!
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    I'll be in attendance as well. 11 AM start!
    Let's just hope the Muskies show up as well.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Seton Hall

Anyone going to the game? I'll be there Friday evening looking for someone to join me in turning a few bottles upside down.

Sophomore
    There is another thread started with some members who are going to be attending.

I will be at the nearby Marriott. PM or jps1943@aol.com if interested in dinner or having a few beers. Also contact me if you want a room at the Marriott.

Supporting Member
    I have 6 game mini tik plan so have already been to the Rock a few times this year and will be there Saturday. If you are driving get there early. I believe SHU has sold out the bottom bowl (9k seats) and the upper level is open. Lots of local construction going on in Newark. The close parking lots sell out fast or are reserved for SHU season ticket holders. I car pool with my SHU friends.

3 places right next to The Rock. Edison Ale House should be open. Not sure about Dino BBQ. Redd's Beer Garden is also across the street but SHU is doing a pre game event there and not sure it will be open to the public. Other than that, tailgating migh tbe your best option.

For Friday night or post game Saturday, try the "Down Neck Newark" section restaurants. All Portuguese restaurants. Less than mile from the arena. Food is great