Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Third place is first place. Try to get in an Orwellian mindset.

We could use a couple of Edelman's on this team. Undrafted and headed to the HOF.
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    We could use a couple of Edelman's on this team. Undrafted and headed to the HOF.
    I think the notion he is close to the HOF is crazy.

He has 30 career TD's in 9 seasons.

AJ Green has 63 in 8.

Odell Beckham has 44 in 5 seasons.

Dwayne Bowe career stats:
    9 years
    537 catches
    7208 rec yards
    44 TD catches

Edelman
    9 years
    499 catches
    5390 yards
    30 TDs
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Can he shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I think the notion he is close to the HOF is crazy.

He has 30 career TD's in 9 seasons.

AJ Green has 63 in 8.

Odell Beckham has 44 in 5 seasons.

Dwayne Bowe career stats:
    9 years
    537 catches
    7208 rec yards
    44 TD catches

Edelman
    9 years
    499 catches
    5390 yards
    30 TDs
    Edelman is second in postseason catches to Jerry Rice. How are your guys doing.
    2023 Sweet 16

Edelman is second in postseason catches to Jerry Rice. How are your guys doing.
    Well yeah, he plays with Tom Brady and is coached by Belichick so he gets to the post season a lot, so he gets a lot of opportunities. And he is their only reliable receiver. Don't get me wrong he's good, he had a great game yesterday, he shows up big in big games. But he isn't even close to a HOF. They made TO wait forever and he has the third most TD catches in NFL history and was also big in big games. He played the SB with a broken leg.

Oh and not to mention Edelman is a known cheater. He was suspended 4 games this year, but that is convenient to forget.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

TO was a well known arrogant a-hole and was only out for TO. Not a team player at all and I think voters look for more than stats - and yes, I think held it against him that he was also a pretty big a-hole to all of them as well.

Edelman is going to need to do a lot more, I agree.

He plays for the Patriots, so, yeah, he's a cheater almost by definition.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    TO was a well known arrogant a-hole and was only out for TO. Not a team player at all and I think voters look for more than stats - and yes, I think held it against him that he was also a pretty big a-hole to all of them as well.

Edelman is going to need to do a lot more, I agree.

He plays for the Patriots, so, yeah, he's a cheater almost by definition.
    He's a cheater because he served a 4 game suspension to begin the season for a positive PED test!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Junior
    It痴 an interesting case. He has some of the most important catches in Super Bowl history and is one of the key players to the best dynasty in nfl. Depends how HOF weighs playoff success....if I have to bet he will end up there. Sometimes HOF is more than numbers- need to see how the player impacts overall game IMO.
    Last edited by Xavier; 02-04-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    It’s an interesting case. He has some of the most important catches in Super Bowl history and is one of the key players to the best dynasty in nfl. Depends how HOF weighs playoff success....if I have to bet he will end up there. Sometimes HOF is more than numbers- need to see how the player impacts overall game IMO.
    Playoff success is valuable and does get weighted I think heavily but it has to be backed up by regular season success.

Edelman has never been and All Pro or even a Pro Bowler.

He is 148th all time in receptions and 248th in yards.

He is playing with the best QB of all time and for the best coach of all time. He has big playoff numbers but has had tons of opportunities there because of who he plays for.

Hall of famers are supposed to be able to do amazing things in any system with any QB. You telling me Edelman would be a HOF if he was playing with Dalton for the Bengals?

He has never been one of the top 5 players at WR in any year.