Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 253
  1. #191
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Playoff success is valuable and does get weighted I think heavily but it has to be backed up by regular season

    He is playing with the best QB of all time and for the best coach of all time. He has big playoff numbers but has had tons of opportunities there because of who he plays for.
    Fair points but over the course of this dynasty how many other wr have had the success he has had in this system? I think it’s a lazy argument to say he wouldn’t be as good in another system though. The best qb and coach of all time cater their passing attack through you but bc other teams aren’t smart enough to use you that way you should be punished?

    I can understand the regular season argument, make enough big plays and have enough big games when it matters most and it will outweigh regular season. Tough he was hurt for last years run (where they did not win) but if he replicates this years playoff performance again I think he will be in for sure.

  2. #192
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Montgomery
    Posts
    12,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Fair points but over the course of this dynasty how many other wr have had the success he has had in this system? I think it’s a lazy argument to say he wouldn’t be as good in another system though. The best qb and coach of all time cater their passing attack through you but bc other teams aren’t smart enough to use you that way you should be punished?

    I can understand the regular season argument, make enough big plays and have enough big games when it matters most and it will outweigh regular season. Tough he was hurt for last years run (where they did not win) but if he replicates this years playoff performance again I think he will be in for sure.
    Wes Welker
    Deion Branch (also a SB MVP)
    Troy Brown
    Danny Amendola

    Obviously Moss who was a HOF before coming there. And Gronk as a TE is Bradys best reciever ever.

    I actually think the success those other receivers have had with Brady really hurts Edelman's argument. Especially Welker, Brown and Branch.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

  3. #193
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

    Obviously Moss who was a HOF before coming there. And Gronk as a TE is Bradys best reciever ever
    Am I reading this wrong, you think Gronk is a better receiver than Moss?

  4. #194
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Montgomery
    Posts
    12,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Am I reading this wrong, you think Gronk is a better receiver than Moss?
    No, I see how thats confusing. I meant Gronk is his best long term receiver. Moss is obviously a way better receiver than Gronk but he was only with Brady for 3 years.

    If you wanna look at a guy who's stats blow Edleman's out the water and was also a SB MVP but isnt sniffing the hall of fame look at Hines Ward.

    1,000 catches, over 12,000 yards, and 85 TDs.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

  5. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    No, I see how thats confusing. I meant Gronk is his best long term receiver. Moss is obviously a way better receiver than Gronk but he was only with Brady for 3 years.

    If you wanna look at a guy who's stats blow Edleman's out the water and was also a SB MVP but isnt sniffing the hall of fame look at Hines Ward.

    1,000 catches, over 12,000 yards, and 85 TDs.
    Edelman is not a Hall of Famer and to be honest really shouldn't be that close.
    Run the table.

  6. #196
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,562
    Remember how Quin Snyder got ran out of Missouri?
    He then had some very rough years then BOOM! he is the head coach of the Utah Jazz.

  7. #197
    Supporting Member bobbiemcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    8,155
    Just to clarify, I said Edelman was "headed to the HOF", not that he was ever going to be voted in. Nobody knows. I think he makes it if he keeps up this level of play. Maybe all of the above (mostly retired) guys will get in at some point. Edelman has 3-5 more productive years so we'll see. You do know he is a slot receiver and not a Wideout? My point was he is a gritty guy who obviously gives his all on the field every time out. PED's? Who knows how many HOF guys took ped's before they started testing. Hell, Ray Lewis killed a guy and got in.
    This space for rent.

  8. #198
    Giggity Giggity nuts4xu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Xavier Nation
    Posts
    5,736
    This thread is off the rails. Julian Edelman? How does his inclusion or non-inclusion in the HOF have anything to do with the pile of suck this season has become?

    Focus people, FOCUS!!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

  9. #199
    Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    The F-G-O
    Posts
    335
    I bet Q would have been a good football player. Maybe he’ll be the next Jimmy Graham.

    Jeez, if this thread drift doesn’t tell you how much we suck...

  10. #200
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    26,677
    With Georgetown and St. John's going down today, we're back to the entire Crappy Eight being below .500 again. Amazingly, Xavier once again has a shot to get within a game of first in the Crappy Eight with a home win over DePaul tonight. We're still in this thing as hard as it is to believe.

    Two bids for the Big East this year unless something changes in a hurry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •