Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    If 'Nova is hitting their threes, we will get boat raced. If they aren't or not at such a high clip, we have a chance to keep it close. This team has shown zero ability to close out on the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    If 'Nova is hitting their threes, we will get boat raced. If they aren't or not at such a high clip, we have a chance to keep it close. This team has shown zero ability to close out on the perimeter.
    I'm loving back to back W's. But since I originally posted and now, I'm not seeing anything that makes me think we can keep it close with Nova.

Edit: I read your post again. I think this line sums up this season. We have a chance to keep it close. As in, we might be able to hopefully maybe not get blown out.

What's the saying you can't build greatness with calluses. This season is a callus.
    Last edited by XUOHTX; 01-15-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

Freshman
    It sucks to suck vs Nova. All our "stars" that sucked vs Nova are gone. So is our sucks vs Nova Coach. DePaul almost won at Nova. So we should suck less at Nova than normal. Q needs to play in this game. Nova still lives & dies by the 3 in many games. My buddies used to say before every game we watched, " Just let us have a chance to win in the last 2 minutes. That's entertainment."

Really curious to see the line. If I had to guess -6.5 Nova.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    There is no way this line will be single digits!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    There is no way this line will be single digits!
    I could see it open at -9.5 but it should be in the 11-12 range by game time.

Whatever it is you’d be silly to take X who is 1-9 ATS against Nova and 0-5 on the road.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    I'd say you're at least 5 points off...and maybe more.

Supporting Member
    I think Marquette it ended up being right at 8 if I remember correctly. I think Nova will be right around there...maybe up to 10. The reason we are 1-9 ATS against Nova is because Mack had an awful gameplan that he refused to adjust against Villanova. I don't believe Steele will do the same thing.

I think the only way we arent in this game is if Q and/or Naji shoot us out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I think Marquette it ended up being right at 8 if I remember correctly. I think Nova will be right around there...maybe up to 10. The reason we are 1-9 ATS against Nova is because Mack had an awful gameplan that he refused to adjust against Villanova. I don't believe Steele will do the same thing.

I think the only way we arent in this game is if Q and/or Naji shoot us out of it.
    Interesting.........we tend to shit the bed there...sure would be nice to show up, play solid D, don't turn it over a bunch and see what happens.

I don't feel Nova is AS explosive as they have been the last 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Interesting.........we tend to shit the bed there...sure would be nice to show up, play solid D, don't turn it over a bunch and see what happens.

I don't feel Nova is AS explosive as they have been the last 3-4 years.
    One of those s-the-bed episodes involved our star player being taken off the court on a gurney. The team wasn't exactly in any kind of mood to play after that on that day.
    X A V I E R