Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    With Georgetown and St. John's going down today, we're back to the entire Crappy Eight being below .500 again. Amazingly, Xavier once again has a shot to get within a game of first in the Crappy Eight with a home win over DePaul tonight. We're still in this thing as hard as it is to believe.

Two bids for the Big East this year unless something changes in a hurry.
    St. John's 2 wins over Marquette will look very good compared to other bubble teams come March probably but they really need to finish .500 or better in conference. Can't believe how inconsistent they are, its crazy.

Well, Mullin is there coach, so yes I can.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Will we have a single quality win this year?

I see other "bad" teams around the country pulling off upsets over ranked teams, but not X.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    St. John's 2 wins over Marquette will look very good compared to other bubble teams come March probably but they really need to finish .500 or better in conference. Can't believe how inconsistent they are, its crazy.

Well, Mullin is there coach, so yes I can.
    I mean they look more like a street ball team than anything else, Shamorie Ponds is really fun to watch, but it's almost like they have no resemblance of any discipline. Granted, I can't say much considering we couldn't guard a paraplegic person at this rate and I'd kill for Johnsies record.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Will we have a single quality win this year?

I see other "bad" teams around the country pulling off upsets over ranked teams, but not X.
    I mean at this point quality wins or not, does it really matter except for psyche? We arent getting in tourney unless we win it all at MSG.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I mean at this point quality wins or not, does it really matter except for psyche? We arent getting in tourney unless we win it all at MSG.
    That’s my plan. It all starts tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Assuming we lose out, which is a very real possibility, we’ll lose 20 games. The last time an X team lost 20 games was ‘81-‘82. That also happens to be when Travis Steele was born. I was hoping he was a year younger because I really wanted to be able to say the last time a team was this bad, the current coach hadn’t been born yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Junior
    At this point we are getting in no tourney. We aren't even close to the NIT bubble. Now, all that said - this year's done. I am concerned but yet still hopeful for next season (and actually in 2 years). If we're not back by then ...
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

KenPom ranking after the DePaul Debacle

Overall #115

Defense #200

The good news is that as the 10th best team in the Big East we’ll be the second team eliminated in NYC and not the first. So we’ve got that going for us. Which is nice.

It sucks to suck

Saw something on Facebook today from Shannon Russell about Malcolm Bernard being in town rehabbing his torn Achilles’ tendon. He apparently has asked Steele if he can talk to the team. Malcolm was part of the team that lost 6 in a row. We’ll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.