Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Maybe now that the team isn't carrying that burden, they can relax and just play basketball.
    For all 40 minutes.
    X A V I E R

Redemption

I am pissed about our 10 point lead blown against Seton Hall.

Man we needed that game. I was going to taunt all you phuckers that we were #1

I am not right. I am not happy.

So I got this idea about Redemption.

A victory today would take away all those ills.

I can't stand a lot of you piss ants that talk about us winning 3-5 conference games. Or the people that assume a losing season.

I love these kids. They are my kids. I am going to live or die with them. My heart is with them. This is Xavier Basketball. They are Xavier basketball.

We took a huge setback in blowing the lead and losing the home game. I am still bitter about it. The season is not over and dammit I want to defend the title.

We are -8 point dogs. Nobody expects us to win. This is not even remotely a game on the schedule that people would count as a W.

Our toughest games this year on paper would be at Marquette, St Johns and the dreaded Villanova.

We win today and we have Redemption. We win today and everything is right in the world and we are on our way to win the title.

Defend the title.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post

I can't stand a lot of you piss ants that talk about us winning 3-5 conference games. Or the people that assume a losing season.

I love these kids. They are my kids. I am going to live or die with them. My heart is with them. This is Xavier Basketball. They are Xavier basketball.

We took a huge setback in blowing the lead and losing the home game. I am still bitter about it. The season is not over and dammit I want to defend the title.

We are -8 point dogs. Nobody expects us to win. This is not even remotely a game on the schedule that people would count as a W.

Our toughest games this year on paper would be at Marquette, St Johns and the dreaded Villanova.

We win today and we have Redemption. We win today and everything is right in the world and we are on our way to win the title.

Defend the title.
    Can't wait for this game. A victory today would be sweet.

Supporting Member
    I hope I'm extremely wrong but I think we lose by 20 plus to Marquette. They are a team that should expose everything xavier does poorly.

However, I believe after this game, they could or I'd say even should win the next two.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I hope I'm extremely wrong but I think we lose by 20 plus to Marquette. They are a team that should expose everything xavier does poorly.

However, I believe after this game, they could or I'd say even should win the next two.
    I'll be surprised if X keeps it under 10 points.

I have visions of Markus Howard raining three's from everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post

Defend the title.

Could not agree more.

I think we will look back at that SHU game all year as an "if only" game. This league is going to be close and that one loss at home is going to prove a critical loss.

On the flip side, home advantage league-wide seems to be suspect so far this year. So, perhaps the SHU is just another example of that...

...as will our great victory today.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Junior
    If I were Steele, I'd blanket Howard. Let the others beat us, but not him. Otherwise we get blown out of the building. The only way we get redemption is Q smothers Howard.

Pump Me Up Holmes!

On January 18th the defending Big East Champion Xavier Musketeers will head into Philadelphia. The Muskies are currently alone in 3rd place in the Big East, two games out of First place.

They still control their own destiny, but it is a tenuous grip at the moment.

After winning two in a row, a win on Friday night will put this conference on notice that the Title will not go down meekly without a fight. It will draw us within a game of first, and make the Cintas Center pure Hellfire for Providence on Wednesday night. After initially falling to the middle of the pack, it will put us back in the race with bells on.

Our young men are fantastic, they are talented. They have heart. Xavier men. To a man every single one of them came to Xavier to play in games like this. Travis Steele took the job because he wants to coach games like this. As a fan of Xavier basketball I love winning titles, and I love defending those titles. I am a fan of Xavier because of games like this. Everyone has their own role. Xavier basketball is what we do.

When I had my first borne and he was a tiny little man I took him to the doctor. The doctor told me that newborns are growing so fast that every time they stretch their muscles and tissues don't fully contract to the original size. Every time they stretch they grow a little bit. It was fascinating. When you see a newborn stretch they really get at it. They kick their legs out far as they can go. Hands above their head, locking their elbows, they are stretching and flexing their whole body. It looked like my little man was trying to break out his shell, which in a way he was. Starting that journey to become a man.

This Xavier team has a mix of newcomers, underclassmen, and players who are playing new roles with new teammates. Lately I have been watching them stretch and grow, stretch and grow. Last couple games it has become apparent that this team has learned how to take a punch. Take a punch, their best punch, get back off the mat and hit back.

Sometimes in history you arrive at just the right time and just the right place and you don't even know it until after it happens. When we learn history it seems like it is all a sure thing, because it happened. That's the story. But to the people living it at the time, it was no sure thing. History just doesn't happen, it is the people that make history.

We have a golden opportunity right before us. A win puts us back on the national map and a game out of first place in our effort to Defend The Title. I want to Defend The Title.

Pump me up Holmes!

DEFEND THE TITLE!!!!!

Vegas says Villanova by 11.

Vegas can say what she wants. A win tonight will make everything right.