Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by throwbackmuskie View Post
    I think 500 in the league is the goal for this year. Like others have said really depends on health. Reinforcements are on the way though.
    Next year's frosh will take a lot of time to develop so I bet 2020-21 is the year for a rock solid team.

Sophomore
    My guess is 7-11. I have seen Marquette v Buffalo and Wisconsin, Creighton v Gonzaga, Butler v Indiana, Villanova v Kansas, Seton Hall v Kentucky (and they just beat Maryland), Providence v Texas, Depaul v Boston College and St Johns vs a few small Div 1.. I don't think we are as complete as any of these teams. However we will have some surprising wins (maybe 2 or 3) and we won't have any surprising losses. Good luck X and I hope you prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Next year's frosh will take a lot of time to develop so I bet 2020-21 is the year for a rock solid team.
    I think Tandy and maybe Freemantle will be ready to go day one. Bishop mid year. Miles is a project.
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    If we continue to play the way we have been, with poor defense, ball handling, and outside shooting, I sadly predict we will be lucky to win more than 2-3 league games. We might pull out home wins over DePaul and the Hoyas, but the rest of the league will have their way with us. I fervently hope to be proven wrong, and that this team suddenly begins to play like a team with floor leadership and trust of the coaching staff and each other. But I have seen nothing to date to suggest that this is going to happen.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    If we continue to play the way we have been, with poor defense, ball handling, and outside shooting, I sadly predict we will be lucky to win more than 2-3 league games. We might pull out home wins over DePaul and the Hoyas, but the rest of the league will have their way with us.

Obviously your not alone but IMO this mindset is over the top. Road wins will certainly be a challenge for this group but I don’t think much changes at Cintas....AND there’s no way we finish in last place! The reality is, STATISTICALLY we are in the middle of the pack in just about all categories. The glaring problem is turnovers...we have 184 of them. This has to get a lot better. Here’s how we get to 9/10 conference wins...be more committed to our zone looks and MORE WELAGE. Start him over Castlin, give him 25+ minutes and get him 10-12 shots pg. Let a shooter shoot and see what happens!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    My guess is 7-11. I have seen Marquette v Buffalo and Wisconsin, Creighton v Gonzaga, Butler v Indiana, Villanova v Kansas, Seton Hall v Kentucky (and they just beat Maryland), Providence v Texas, Depaul v Boston College and St Johns vs a few small Div 1.. I don't think we are as complete as any of these teams. However we will have some surprising wins (maybe 2 or 3) and we won't have any surprising losses. Good luck X and I hope you prove me wrong
    I've seen Marquette lose by 23 to Indiana. Creighton lose to Ohio St, Nebraska & Oklahoma. Nova destroyed by Michigan & loss at home to Furman & loss at Penn. We can put various slants on BE foes OOC success. We haven't been under .500 in conference since 1982 nor under .500 overall since 1996. Now is the time to finally mesh. I hope to go 7-2 at home, 2-7 away. Two keys to that would be a road win at Dr Paul to build confidence & home win vs Nova.

It is going to be difficult to run the table but I am chomping at the bit to Defend The Title!
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I am going optimistic and going to say we really start to turn things around and we go 10-8 in conference.
    7-2 at home and we steal 3 road wins and go 3-6 on the road.

I say this knowing full well it is very realistic we may go 5-13. I would be surprised if we won less than 5.

I like to be on the positive side and my negativity has worn off since the Mizzou game.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

9-9

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Here’s how we get to 9/10 conference wins...be more committed to our zone looks and MORE WELAGE. Start him over Castlin, give him 25+ minutes and get him 10-12 shots pg. Let a shooter shoot and see what happens!!
    IDK, but could be a good template going forward. RW is a unique player....he’s a 1 year “rental” so why not get every last shot left in him!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-29-2018 at 07:41 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club