Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    It is going to be difficult to run the table but I am chomping at the bit to Defend The Title!
    pet peeve: **champing**

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    The health of the team in general is a big concern. Any player can get injured, but what if a certain point guard's shoulder gets tweaked (or worse). What if Tyrique has more difficulty with his concussion. What about the previously mentioned back issue. That is not as rose-colored as you see it, perhaps, but the depth of this team is razor thin. We're walking the tightrope already and the season could go pear-shaped in a hurry. Most predictions here are decidedly not promising, even at full strength.
    On the other hand, what if this team really starts to gel (with so many new, but experienced and, presumably, mature players, I don't think this is a stretch) then everyone accepts their role and the coach's game plan going forward, especially on the defensive side? The turnover issue gets fixed (can it get much worse) and a little luck fall their way...what if?
    Well, there was no time wasted getting to our conference play rotation. A solid 8 man rotation is ideal but unfortunately we will have to live with 7. The Harden/Kennedy battle for PT, looks like it will produce nothing of any significance and James is not ready.

The above mentioned concerns are inevitable...there will be additional injuries in an 18 game BEast gauntlet but to what degree is key. Even if all 7 stay relatively healthy, endurance most certainly will be an additional concern come mid February. That said, we have just enough versatility among the 7 to produce a winner. Statistically we have 2 really good shooters, Statistically we have 2 elite rebounders and Statistically we have an elite facilitator, along with 2 quality complimentary guys. Very thin, yes but just enough to surprise some people.

Here’s to hoping that TS will continue to refine our zone looks and that he allows RW to empty his magazine every game.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 01-01-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Learn something new every day.

https://grammarist.com/usage/champin...ng-at-the-bit/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

"Chomping at the bit" is the current use. "Champing at the bit" is out of use. Your pet peeve is fighting a loosing battle.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    "Chomping at the bit" is the current use. "Champing at the bit" is out of use. Your pet peeve is fighting a loosing battle.
    Er, that would be "losing".
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Using the wrong word is never a good defense.

Using the wrong word is never a good defense.
    I resemble that remark!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Er, that would be "losing".
    You missed the joke.

We should all feel pretty good today. Last night some much needed leadership emerged, on the floor and from a coaching standpoint as well. There may be an overall shift in the starting lineup going forward. Based on the results, should we expect to see Jones and Hankins as fixtures to start? Let me put it another way.....Castlin should come off the bench from here on out.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 01-10-2019 at 07:20 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

I don’t think Steele should worry that having the two bigs on the court at the same time will cause one to foul out quicker. I think the opposite will be true.

Having them both in at the same time means neither will having to worry about having to help smaller teammate in the paint on defense which increases their likelihood to foul. Having those two bigs on the court also means better rim protection, ultimately increasing the number of total rebounds.
    Key to winning games.