Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    We should all feel pretty good today. Last night some much needed leadership emerged, on the floor and from a coaching standpoint as well. There may be an overall shift in the starting lineup going forward. Based on the results, should we expect to see Jones and Hankins as fixtures to start? Let me put it another way.....Castlin should come off the bench from here on out.
    Agree. I don't think this changes my W/L outlook on Conference Play because we still lack depth, three pt. shooting, etc. But, I love the fight they exhibited last night. Had they lost, I would have been disappointed (mostly for the team since they fought so hard to come back). But, if they play the way they did last night, every game for the entire game, I'll feel pretty good about this team regardless of conference record.

Also, posters on this board have been in agreement with your conclusion regarding Castlin for some time now. He contributed a bit more last night than he has in the last few games but his contribution just enough (in my view) to justify not giving more minutes to Hardin and Kennedy.

I'm very interested to see how Steele handles this situation when Q returns to the lineup. To me, outside of some other injury or unusual situation, Castlin comes off the bench now and comes after Hardin and Kennedy. Nothing against Castlin. I'm sure he contributes a bunch of intangibles given his maturity and experience. But, he doesn't allow us to build on anything for next year.

Sophomore
    Going through the rest of the schedule, think the team ends up at 7-11. I think at one point we are 7-7, but our last four games are all tough. 2x SJU, vs Nova, and at Butler. Think best case scenario in that stretch is 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Going through the rest of the schedule, think the team ends up at 7-11. I think at one point we are 7-7, but our last four games are all tough. 2x SJU, vs Nova, and at Butler. Think best case scenario in that stretch is 1-3.
    If we're 8-9 going to Butler to finish the season, we absolutely CANNOT let those guys be the ones to break the streak.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    At Butler and home to SJU is a fun way to end the season. If we do get to 7-9, we gotta find a way to win them. I'll be at the Butler game.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If we're 8-9 going to Butler to finish the season, we absolutely CANNOT let those guys be the ones to break the streak.
    They will have a lot to do with breaking the streak if we don't take them down SUNDAY. I think the "go big" line up should work well against them. They go as Baldwin goes and the 2-3 should be effective at neutralizing his game some. Of course Sean McD will probably go off from distance. If we take a loss it will make getting to .500 in conference a daunting task.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 01-10-2019 at 11:36 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Problem with both at the same time is guarding a quick, athletic 4 or 5 that shoots 3's. I hope this is an option on matchups.
    Hope X plays a lot of big interior players but Marquette, SJU and Nova will carve them up and spit out 3 pointers.

I am going tomorrow. Last X game I went to was home win vs. Villanova. Lucky charm? Nope, all grace.

I project the rest of the schedule at 9 or 10 wins if X plays well. Need 10 wins and 2 wins in BE tourney for ANY NCAA hopes. OH and some top 50 NET / RPI wins.

Sophomore
    I dont know where to post this but..after watching FSU almost beat Duke (if they secured the last rebound) and realizing that they lost Braina Angola(replaced with Nichols and have the exact same team as 10 months ago and as we know we should have won that game last year..we must have had a damn good team last year. This year is tough I know(may get better) but the memories stick with me. Good luck X against Butler

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Problem with both at the same time is guarding a quick, athletic 4 or 5 that shoots 3's. I hope this is an option on matchups.
    Hope X plays a lot of big interior players but Marquette, SJU and Nova will carve them up and spit out 3 pointers.

The matchup problem goes both ways in these cases. They don't matchup inside and you don't matchup outside. The difference is that you are trading 2's for three's.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    The matchup problem goes both ways in these cases. They don't matchup inside and you don't matchup outside. The difference is that you are trading 2's for three's.
    Yes, but the 2s are a higher % shot. So sometimes it will work out, and sometimes it won't. But playing those odds may well be our best shot.