Supporting Member

Media Sensationalism (a.k.a., Fake News)

I hate the term "Fake News" given it's origin, but I just saw a great example.

Fox 19 aired a story this morning showing a reporter in a wind storm, and narrowly being missed by two light posts that were "blown over". This is the only place I could find it on the internet: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/114586...ights-falling/

It's pretty clear this was staged. Despite the two posts falling within a split second of each other, they fell from opposite directions! What kind of wind was this??? Plus she was amazingly unsurprised and unnerved by two objects that could have hurt her very badly narrowly missing her. How is no one picking up on this?
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post

Fox 19 aired a story this morning showing a reporter in a wind storm, and narrowly being missed by two light posts that were "blown over". This is the only place I could find it on the internet: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/114586...ights-falling/

It's pretty clear this was staged. Despite the two posts falling within a split second of each other, they fell from opposite directions! What kind of wind was this??? Plus she was amazingly unsurprised and unnerved by two objects that could have hurt her very badly narrowly missing her. How is no one picking up on this?
    The only thing that matters anymore is clicks / ratings. That's it. It's true across the political spectrum and across virtually all news sources. It's not a good thing, and I think it's a big part of why we can't think critically about anything anymore.

Shit, we also elected the star of an extremely fake reality TV show to be our President based on the fake business acumen that was on display during said fake show.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post

Definitely sounds overstated, but staged? The wind is just coming from behind the lights and they're angled at her.