Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Triplets!!!

Done.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Prayers sent. Man you have a full plate. Be Strong.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Thanks all! It has been a crazy two weeks. The triplets all avoided the NICU and came home on day 4 when Mom was discharged. We are very blessed! Appreciate all the kind words.

Part of the craziness though is that a week before my kids were born I was hospitalized with a blood infection and pneumonia (a day after my wife was admitted for low platelets). Luckily I was treated and only had to stay 3 days and made it out in time for the birth of my kids. However subsequently I have been diagnosed with a rare immune deficiency disease (CVID). I essentially have no immune system of my own. It will require me to get infusions of immunoglobulins from other people's blood plasma. I will need these every other week for the rest of my life (at least at this point there is no long term solution or cure). I start my first infusion Monday. There can be anywhere from some serious to more mild side effects from the infusions and potentially none. Little nervous about that so any spare prayers you can send my way I will take!
    My wife and I had quads 2.5 years ago and already had a 18 month year old. Take help when you can get it. If you can swing it. A night nanny a few nights a week. It’s a lot of work but fun as well. Each phase gets a little easier. Feel free to DM me of you wanna talk. Hope you are feeling ok, a lot going on. Best wishes.

Supporting Member
    Congrats! We have twin girls, both graduated from college in the last week. It has been an awesome experience, not without some challenges along the way but I would not change anything. The only downside, is that it went far too fast.
    Best of look to you, enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Thanks all! It has been a crazy two weeks. The triplets all avoided the NICU and came home on day 4 when Mom was discharged. We are very blessed! Appreciate all the kind words.

Part of the craziness though is that a week before my kids were born I was hospitalized with a blood infection and pneumonia (a day after my wife was admitted for low platelets). Luckily I was treated and only had to stay 3 days and made it out in time for the birth of my kids. However subsequently I have been diagnosed with a rare immune deficiency disease (CVID). I essentially have no immune system of my own. It will require me to get infusions of immunoglobulins from other people's blood plasma. I will need these every other week for the rest of my life (at least at this point there is no long term solution or cure). I start my first infusion Monday. There can be anywhere from some serious to more mild side effects from the infusions and potentially none. Little nervous about that so any spare prayers you can send my way I will take!
    You have all the prayers, my Brother. #ThumbsUp
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFurey View Post
    My wife and I had quads 2.5 years ago and already had a 18 month year old. Take help when you can get it. If you can swing it. A night nanny a few nights a week. It’s a lot of work but fun as well. Each phase gets a little easier. Feel free to DM me of you wanna talk. Hope you are feeling ok, a lot going on. Best wishes.
    Quads! Wow! God bless you. Yes we have been able to swing a night nanny a couple times a week. It is the best. She takes care of them all on their own the whole night. Uninterrupted sleep is amazing. Haha.

Thanks for the advice and the well wishes!
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes all! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow, hopefully no side effects!
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Congrats, D to you, your rock star wife and your first born, who will now be able to do whatever since your attention will be spread amongst three new babies. I don't see anywhere where you said the gender distribution. Maybe you don't want to, and that's fine. But, if it's just that you hadn't yet, I think we'd all be interested in knowing.

I pray for your health, based on what you've written about it, your wife and each of your children's health. May you all be blessed with many happy, healthy years, even if the next 5-7 of them will be crazy-hectic. Create good memories!
    Pray the Rosary daily

Junior
    Wow D that's quite a bit to deal with! Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Have faith. Do what you have to do and everything will be fine. Enjoy those little ones 'cause they get big fast. I hope you get some rest and even more important to take care of your body. Hopefully there will be a cure for your condition in the future. Hopefully no side effects. Awesome to have 3 brand new Muskie fans on the planet!
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Thank you all.

The first infusion Monday went well. No major side effects, just slight headache and very fatigued for the next 24 hours. Went better than I expected. The power of prayer!

Vee- the triplets were two girls and a boy. Our (almost) 3 year old is a boy, so we now have 2 and 2.

Appreciate you all!