Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quade Green is Transferring From Kentucky

He's not an all-world player or anything, but he shoots over 40% from 3. Seems like a kid that would look good in a Xavier uniform second semester of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    He's not an all-world player or anything, but he shoots over 40% from 3. Seems like a kid that would look good in a Xavier uniform second semester of next year.
    Definitely worry about keeping Odom/Tandy happy if we were to pursue Green.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    We aren't short of commitments in order to pursue Green. Next season we will have Harden/Kennedy/Bishop/Scruggs at the 2/3. Goodin/Tandy, we have at the point. Even in one transfers 1/2/3 are not a need for this team. We need a big wing to help Naji out.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Both are PG's.....this kid from what I understand is a SG

Sophomore
    Green was recruited by Luke Murray under Mack. As others have mentioned, not really a position of need with Goodin and Tandy at that lead guard spot. Perhaps Travis will kick the tires, but a wing shooter is much preferred; more than likely a grad transfer.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    Green was recruited by Luke Murray under Mack. As others have mentioned, not really a position of need with Goodin and Tandy at that lead guard spot. Perhaps Travis will kick the tires, but a wing shooter is much preferred; more than likely a grad transfer.
    I think we have one spot open next year if all stick around:

C/PF:
    Jones
    Freemantle
    Miles
    Ramsey

PG:

Goodin
    Tandy

SG:

Kennedy
    Harden
    Scruggs
    Bishop

SF:

Marshall
    James

No way we bring in a grad transfer shooter IMHO. We need help in the post for Jones....who will have 3 frosh joining in to help.....one a major project in Miles.

We didn’t just sign three bigs to bring in a grad transfer center.

If we grab anything it will help for Naji.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post

I could see that too.....but also realize that they will likely take what they can get. Adding a shooter makes no sense with all of the guys in that spot

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post

I’m not sure any of them, other than Miles, are real low post players. In any case, that they are all FRESHMEN and none of them is a top 20-30 talent worries me. It will take all of them time to become acclimated to playing at the college level. But I’ll wait and see just how the coaching staff uses that last open scholarship. I have no doubt that they will have a much better handle on the needs and the players available, then any of us out in message board land do.

We play a 4 guard 1 big line up, unless Steele suddenly wants to change I don't see it. Bringing in a grad transfer center basically takes up 95% of the minutes at the 5 spot leaving nothing for 3 incoming freshmen. You can toss in James also as an unknown. We don't know what his position will eventually be. I see a Senior Jones playing 25 or so minutes and the freshmen splitting the remainder 15. Two of those guys would have real D1 experience for their sophomore years. I think one of those three would probably red-shirt.