Women's Team Improves to 7-1

link

Freshman Carrie Gross scored a season-high 12 points on Sunday afternoon as Xavier topped Delaware State, 80-59, on Sunday afternoon at Cintas Center. The Musketeers moved to 7-1 on the year, while the Hornets moved to 2-5. Next opponent is UC.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Over/under on number of wins the rest of the way? 2.5? I'll take the under.

See, I'm a positive guy, but let's face it.
    Greg Christopher's last few high profile hires have been somewhat, errr, mediocre?
    Jury is still out on Billy O'Conner, but he was an easy hire from the baseball staff as was Travis Steele. Brian Neal has been underwhelming.

I like Greg a lot, but miss Bobo.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    See, I'm a positive guy, but let's face it.
    Greg Christopher's last few high profile hires have been somewhat, errr, mediocre?
    Jury is still out on Billy O'Conner, but he was an easy hire from the baseball staff as was Travis Steele. Brian Neal has been underwhelming.

I like Greg a lot, but miss Bobo.
    His Women's Soccer hire appears to be a good one (not Greg's fault the first coach left to go work with the National Team).
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    His Women's Soccer hire appears to be a good one (not Greg's fault the first coach left to go work with the National Team).
    True Dat.

Let's don't lose Andy Fleming.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I've watched a lot of the games so far, and so far I like what I see.

This group seems to have a different feel than the last couple of teams. I feel like there is better team chemistry and there are more offensive threats than there have been in the past. The team is young (mostly freshmen and sophomores), so there is room for growth.

We will have to see what happens in Big East play. The league is tough this year-- 4th in the RPI.

For what it's worth, warrennolan.com predicts an overall record of 17-12 and 7-11 in Big East play. Still not great, but a big improvement from what we've seen lately.
    Last edited by cinskyline; 12-11-2018 at 07:08 PM.