Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    In other words, you’ve got nothing but speculation and opinion shaded by bias and emotion. I thought so.
    Except what Xville contends, is true.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Except what Xville contends, is true.
    MOR speaks the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    MOR speaks the truth.
    Chico also speaks the truth.

Do I have this right:
    1 - Mack was discussing a job at Louisville sometime around tournament time.
    2 - From this, some people conclude he wasn't invested in our tournament games with the team?

If those are the basic talking points, the first being confirmed by a number of posters, I just don't know how you can necessarily get to #2.

Mack received multiple offers while our coach. I'm sure they involved many discussions, taking place at all different times. Perhaps an agent was involved.
    So, he ended up accepting the last one.
    Do we assume point #2 because he left? Or, are we just bummed emotionally about him leaving, so we decide he didn't coach his best in the tournament?
    Did we lose to NC State in the First Four in 2014 because California was trying to hire him...but we're OK because he stayed?

He got a 7 year/$28 million dollar offer from Louisville. That's tough to turn down, and to be mad at him for accepting just doesn't make sense.
    And he still cheers for us; here's his tweet before the Crosstown shootout:

Chris Mack
    ‏Verified account @CoachChrisMack
    Dec 8

A little busy today but good luck to @CoachSteeleXU and the X Men!!

By the way, I wish like hell that he would have stayed. But wish him luck in the future just like he wished us.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Do I have this right:
    1 - Mack was discussing a job at Louisville sometime around tournament time.
    2 - From this, some people conclude he wasn't invested in our tournament games with the team?

If those are the basic talking points, the first being confirmed by a number of posters, I just don't know how you can necessarily get to #2.

Mack received multiple offers while our coach. I'm sure they involved many discussions, taking place at all different times. Perhaps an agent was involved.
    So, he ended up accepting the last one.
    Do we assume point #2 because he left? Or, are we just bummed emotionally about him leaving, so we decide he didn't coach his best in the tournament?
    Did we lose to NC State in the First Four in 2014 because California was trying to hire him...but we're OK because he stayed?

He got a 7 year/$28 million dollar offer from Louisville. That's tough to turn down, and to be mad at him for accepting just doesn't make sense.
    And he still cheers for us; here's his tweet before the Crosstown shootout:

Chris Mack
    ‏Verified account @CoachChrisMack
    Dec 8

A little busy today but good luck to @CoachSteeleXU and the X Men!!

By the way, I wish like hell that he would have stayed. But wish him luck in the future just like he wished us.
    I'll answer to point 2 since I'm the one that based on 1, think 2 is possible. First of all, I'm not bummed emotionally about him leaving. I wasnt much of a fan of his when he was here though of course he did good things. So that has nothing to do with it. The difference between cal and all the other jobs that he was offered and louisville is that with louisville he knew he was leaving. So, I think its certainly possible he was half checked out by and after the be tournament. Want a little bit of proof, go back and look at his interviews around that time..they we odd to say the least.

Again I'm not mad for him leaving. I'm mad because I believe its certinaly possible he half checked out on a team that had the talent and the bracket to get to a final four, and quite frankly, I think hes a bit of a tool.

Across the years I don't think anyone could absolutely know he would have left for earlier offers...until he didn't.
    He built his resume until a job like Louisville came along...but he could have gone to a P5 school earlier when his resume wasn't as strong.

Maybe he's a tool. I don't know him personally. But I think he would have been invested in a good tournament result to boost his job position for the best possible offer.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Across the years I don't think anyone could absolutely know he would have left for earlier offers...until he didn't.
    He built his resume until a job like Louisville came along...but he could have gone to a P5 school earlier when his resume wasn't as strong.

Maybe he's a tool. I don't know him personally. But I think he would have been invested in a good tournament result to boost his job position for the best possible offer.
    The problem is, when you're coaching a team you owe everything you have to that team. The season is still ongoing, yet he's meeting with another school and finalizing a contract to coach there while still coaching another team.

I don't know Mack. I don't know if he's a tool or not (though like most people you hear stuff after the fact). However, it's one thing for a school to make an unsolicited offer. It's quite another to meet with said school - and accept a position with that school - while you're in the midst of preparing for the post-season with another one.

Based on that, even though we'll never know, I think it's completely fair game to wonder what his mindset was during the tournament.