Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I'm intrigued by Val mentioning adding one team.
    Would keep the round robin and maybe there's some pressure from Fox on better inventory, and looking at other conferences/networks having 20 games.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    The tournament at MSG is such a great experience. This is great news for Xavier and the conference.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I know uconn doesnt really fit culturally with the rest of the be schools but they are a tremendous fit basketball and geography wise and.would only enhance the visibility of the conference. Would love to see them join.

Slu would be a good fall back option. Travis Ford is starting to build something there.
    As a SLU grad I would love them if BE ever expanded. They have great facilities, a lot of money, and would be a bridge for Creighton.

Crews really screwed that program up after Majerus passed but Ford has hit on some big recruits. They have some really good young players. SLU should win the A10 this year.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I do have a question.

How much time has to go by before people finally decide that what they are waiting for isn't going to happen?? I guess for me it happens sooner than it does for most people.

As recently as this past November, UConn scheduled a football series with Purdue that will be played in 2025. To me, that is not something a school does when it is planning on cutting or even reclassifying its football program. I don't know how long people have been speculating that UConn is going to cut football, but throughout that entire time UConn has never done it, nor have they done or said anything that indicates that they have any plans to do so. I guess we could discuss whether or not they should, but it seems to me that there isn't a whole lot to discuss on whether or not they will. They seem pretty committed to keeping it and remaining in a conference that plays football and allows them full membership.

But, that's just me. I've been wrong before, and I know that just by posting this it increases the chances that they will announce tomorrow that they are cutting football and leaving the AAC.
    Well, some posts age better than others....
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Well, some posts age better than others....
    On the other hand, dash and I NAILED it! :)

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm intrigued by Val mentioning adding one team.
    Would keep the round robin and maybe there's some pressure from Fox on better inventory, and looking at other conferences/networks having 20 games.
    I can live with this.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    On the other hand, dash and I NAILED it! :)
    BJ, please Amazon Prime a cocktail out to Go for me. I'll call you later for my order. Charge them to BREW please.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    BJ, please Amazon Prime a cocktail out to Go for me. I'll call you later for my order. Charge them to BREW please.
    Alexa, send a Hershel Special to Wichita, KS.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I'll pay for the drink, but not the shipping!

The board has officially unanimously voted to join the Big East.