Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by klark View Post
    If you need to be motivated for a game like today then you probably don't need to be out there at all.
    I called the guy an idiot, and said exactly the same thing. He goes “X gets off to slow starts and doesn’t dive for loose balls.” We were up 18-14. It’s one thing to be critical. It’s another thing to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    LOL...yeah, it kinda was. It was obvious UC's gameplan was to protect the paint at all costs and make us beat them from the perimeter. They had 5 guys in the paint our our drives, and the even had the athletic ability to get to shooters even with 5 guys in the paint. Then we missed a bunch. There was zero chance of us playing inside out today. UC's defense was great.

UC didn't have to make 3's to beat us. They got plenty of dunks.
    UC had a 15-2 advantage in points off turnovers 12-4 advantage in second chance points.

X not making threes isn't what beat us.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by KFX View Post
    If you don’t have talent what you can do is instill discipline on both sides of the ball. Xavier offensive sets are very poor - shot selection is poor, q and naji and even Scruggs just out of control at times taking it to the rim. Team cannot make a confident pass into the post. Naji cannot handle the fucking ball - he gets caught on the dribble too much and he’s left digging for the ball at his feet. Q is a poor decision maker. Scruggs is a competent scorer but he is a confidence player and too often he seems To play with little confidence. Castlin is not a BE player. Tyrique is a little bit of an enigma. Blows hot and cold

Team needs an iron hand. Steele ain’t the guy. I do not care about the BE or about the tournament. I would just like to see improvement and I have not seen any over 10 games. Free throws still iffy, timid play, no diving on the floor, lack of intensity and effort. All of that is on the coach That’s why he gets paid.
    If we scream at them loud enough and often enough, they’ll learn how to get the job done. You’re right.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    UC had a 15-2 advantage in points off turnovers 12-4 advantage in second chance points.

X not making threes isn't what beat us.
    OK - we couldn't score, whether it was from 3 or 2. That much was obvious. Their defense was smothering and deadly.

I'm starting to think about not going to the Big East tournament this year. We have been there the last 2 years and had a blast. But this year's team has me thinking about skipping it this year. Sucks.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    I'm starting to think about not going to the Big East tournament this year. We have been there the last 2 years and had a blast. But this year's team has me thinking about skipping it this year. Sucks.
    On a positive note, it will probably be the only chance we have to make the tournament, so at least the games will have a do-or-die feel to them.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    If we scream at them loud enough and often enough, they’ll learn how to get the job done. You’re right.
    Huh? No need to scream in order to have a mentally tougher team than what we are seeing now.

That defense played right into what we do well. They stopped our drives and we couldn’t shoot it well enough to open lanes. This is how I thought it would go.

We are NOT ncaa tournament quality. Not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    How do you possibly know Steele isn’t the guy 10 games into his tenure?

REALITY guys, that’s what it is. You don’t have to blame this person or that person, we are just not very good right now. They have potential; just need time to mature.