Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jones and the shootout

Will Jones be playing or is he still day to day? Havent heard anything from anyone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

All-Conference
    With X not saying a word about it, I'm guessing he will be a gametime decision. They're not going to announce anything.

If he plays and we end up winning, you can be sure Mick will comment that he shouldn't have been playing.

College teams do not have to release injury information like pro sports do, hence the lack of information. However if we can read between the lines, Tyrique missed practice yesterday. If he is still in the concussion protocol, he has a concussion and will not be playing. If he was held out of practice for neck pain and he is not in the concussion protocol he probably will play.

The reaction he had to the injury itself was not typical. He looked to be in more pain than anything from the TV footage. That’s not to say he didn’t have any other concussion symptoms but headache in itself is not diagnostic for concussion. If I’m the coaching staff I would continue to not release any info regardless of playing status.

I trust the medical staff to do the absolute right thing for Jones. If he plays, it's because the medical team has cleared him to play.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9hFAB6JFRxo

At the end of the presser, both Paul and Naji say they talked to Tyrique and said he is doing great, he’ll be fine...Just bumped his head.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-07-2018 at 08:29 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

I hope Tyrique does what is best for Tyrique. No game is more important than his health. If he had a concussion, I hope he takes all the time he needs off and doesn't rush to get back.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    I hope Tyrique does what is best for Tyrique. No game is more important than his health. If he had a concussion, I hope he takes all the time he needs off and doesn't rush to get back.
    It really wont be up to him if he has a concussion. So no real need to worry about him rushing himself back.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I plan on concussing myself in solidarity with Tyrique.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    I plan on concussing myself in solidarity with Tyrique.
    Now that’s a true fan!

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    I agree entirely. I also believe that whats best for Tyrique is to beat some Bearcat Ass on Saturday.