Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    I wonder what spurred Mick Cronin to get ejected against South Florida tonight.
    I've watched exactly 2 UC games this year. The crosstown and last night's game.

One of the UC guys had relatively good position for a rebound and went straight up for it, there was some minor contact and the south Florida player hit the ground hard, mostly due to his poor angle going for the ball. UC called for the foul.

Mick flipped his shit and immediately got a T. He walked over to the scorers table where two refs were looking at the replay. The one kinda directed him back to his bench and coaches box. He took a half step back and then said something, and immediately was tossed.

Then the fireworks really started. Total meltdown where Cumberland (?) basically picked him up and carried him away from the refs. Pretty much a replay of the JP incident last year. #GreatTV #PissPoorCoach

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post

One of the UC guys had relatively good position for a rebound and went straight up for it, there was some minor contact and the south Florida player hit the ground hard, mostly due to his poor angle going for the ball. UC called for the foul.

Mick flipped his shit and immediately got a T. He walked over to the scorers table where two refs were looking at the replay. The one kinda directed him back to his bench and coaches box. He took a half step back and then said something, and immediately was tossed.

Then the fireworks really started. Total meltdown where Cumberland (?) basically picked him up and carried him away from the refs. Pretty much a replay of the JP incident last year. #GreatTV #PissPoorCoach
    A slight correction. He didn't get tossed on the first T. He got tossed AFTER Cumberland and a few other UC players were pushing him back. He continued to argue whatever he was upset about and then got T'd up again and tossed.

The little man then went on a tirade in his press conference complaining about the referee(s) more. He knows once you get the first T, you need to cool if off or you'll get another one for sure. The man just isn't all that bright.

I thought there were conference penalties for going after a ref in the press conference?

Edit: maybe that's pro football or something else.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post

Mick said all he did was say "What?" and then put his hands up when he got the first T. You must have been seeing things.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...me/2588898002/

Actual footage of Mick Cronin last night!!....

https://media.giphy.com/media/B589UFuAWYytO/giphy.gif
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Mick said all he did was say "What?" and then put his hands up when he got the first T. You must have been seeing things.

One of the people on press row right there did actually say that no curse words were said. Would be surprised if that's true, but if it is then it had to be some sort of personal attack he said.

Not to defend the guy, but multiple coaches in the AAC have gone off about the quality of reffing in the conference this year. Most just go about it in a much more civil manor than a temper tantrum.

There's no doubt that I have more disdain for the yellow toothed gnome than I had for chuggins. He seems like such a horrible person. I wonder if refs are just tired of him and this may be the beginning of a more common occurrence. I believe there are consequences from the conference for saying things about the referees, depending what was said. That team is one injury to Cumberland away from being a cellar dweller in the AAC.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

I actually never did dislike Huggins. If I'm telling the truth, I kind of like him. Even when he was at UC I kind of liked him. He's a really good coach, and a lot of X fans may not believe it, but he actually does really care about his players and nearly everyone that ever played for him remains loyal to him.

I don't dislike Mick Cronin. He's actually done quite well throughout his career. But, he's just ridiculous. The reason I don't hate him is because I have a hard time not laughing at a grown man who throws a fit. It's so ridiculous that it's comical. He, and other coaches who do this, are basically slapping their players in the face when they act like that and get T'd up. How ridiculous is it that needing to be held back by his own players is a rather common occurrence?? I'm waiting for the day where one of his own players just decks him.

What if Mick Cronin were an attorney?? "Objection your honor." "Overruled" "WTF!!WAAAH!!WAHH!!AWAHHWAHH!!!!!!!"

What if Mick Cronin was a car salesman?? "I'm sorry, but I'd like to return this." "WTF!!WAAAH!!WAHH!!AWAHHWAHH!!!!!!!"

What if Mick Cronin waited until Christmas Eve to do all his shopping?? "I'm sorry sir, we're all sold out of that.""WTF!!WAAAH!!WAHH!!AWAHHWAHH!!!!!!!"

This is a man that does not handle minor adversity all that well. There just aren't many adults who behave like that. So no, I don't hate him. If anything I find him amusing. But GEEZ! He has the temperament and impulse control of a five year old. If a player acted like that they'd get thrown off the team.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Since when is profanity the only reason why you would get t'd up?

He could have been arguing calls the whole game. Maybe the ref told him to knock it off. Who's knows......but rarely are technical's given without being deserved.....IMHO. Most refs are pretty tolerant and take quite a bit of harassing before they go there.......

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post

You know it's never Mick's fault.