Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Crosstown, please tell Mick that no one at X is after his lucky charms. He can calm down.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Crosstown View Post
    The same UW-GB where he shot 27% from 3?
    His last year at GB, he averaged 19 min/game, 11 pts and 6 boards. He shot 35% from 3.

He only made 2, 3 pointers against UC. You should have guarded Bluiett who had 28 pts.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

To be fair, Kanter was averaging 5 points a game coming into the Shootout and was exactly 0% 0-5 from 3.
    He ended being our 3rd leading scorer. He shot 58% from the field and 33% from the three. He had 5 other games where he scored more points than what he did in the UC game.

Here is his game log:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...1/gamelog/2018

Before UC he had 15 against Hampton (in 14 minutes) and 12 against Arizona State (in 13 minutes). My recollection is that the 12 against ASU were all in the second half and kept X in the game. He was also 6-6 from the field that game. He also had 9 against Baylor (in 14 minutes), which was the game right before the UC game.

So your coach made yet another dumb ass statement and yet another statement making excuses. If he didn't think Kanter could score, then he did a shitty job of scouting. Be a man, admit as much, and don't say stupid shit that could be summarized as him saying: "That kid on the other team got lucky and had a career game. That's a big reason we lost."
    Last edited by XU 87; 12-07-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    His last year at GB, he averaged 19 min/game, 11 pts and 6 boards. He shot 35% from 3.

He only made 2, 3 pointers against UC. You should have guarded Bluiett who had 28 pts.

If thats the case hopefully Coach Steele is game planning and putting all his focus on Rashawn Fredericks who is averaging 4.0 points and 1.8 rebounds (pretty close to Kanters line last year before the Shootout) BUT was averaging 17.7 and 10.3 last year at Motlow State.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    He ended being our 3rd leading scorer. He shot 58% from the field and 33% from the three. He had 5 other games where he scored more points than what he did in the UC game.

Here is his game log:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...1/gamelog/2018

Before UC he had 15 against Hampton (in 14 minutes) and 12 against Arizona State (in 13 minutes). My recollection is that the 12 against ASU were all in the second half and kept X in the game. He was also 6-6 from the field that game. He also had 9 against Baylor (in 14 minutes), which was the game right before the UC game.

So your coach made yet another dumb ass statement and yet another statement making excuses. If he didn't think Kanter could score, then he did a shitty job of scouting. Be a man, admit as much, and don't say stupid shit that could be summarized as him saying: "That kid on the other team got lucky and had a career game. That's a big reason we lost."
    His only two double digit games came in blowouts.

Junior
    If thats the case hopefully Coach Steele is game planning and putting all his focus on Rashawn Fredericks who is averaging 4.0 points and 1.8 rebounds (pretty close to Kanters line last year before the Shootout) BUT was averaging 17.7 and 10.3 last year at Motlow State.
    Do you think coaches don't look to transfers previous years, especially early in the season, to scout them?

Oh yeah Mick. Impossible , heavily contested shots! D1 players never make these shots!

https://www.facebook.com/XavierMuske...9745977235444/
    Run the table.

His only two double digit games came in blowouts.
    If that's your analysis, then you're as dumb as your coach.

No one is saying, other than you, that Cronin "should have put all of his focus guarding Kanter". But when a guy who has shown an ability to score actually does that in a game, don't come back later and make stupid statements equivalent to, "The guy had a career game against us."

Cronin's scouting report on Kanter apparently said, "Don't guard this guy. He can't score." He did a shitty job scouting. By the time of the UC game, I think this entire board knew Kanter had the ability to score, and score quickly. Maybe your coach should read this board to prepare for the XU game since he can't read stats or watch film adequately.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    If that's your analysis, then you're as dumb as your coach.

My wife would agree Ha! Look I aint trying to get nasty or anything. Just trading a little Crosstown Shootout jabs for fun.

But none of you could convince me that if Rashawn Fredericks came in tomorrow after averaging 4 pts a game and went 6-8 on FG 2-2 from beyond the arc with 17 points that that would in Micks words wouldn't be a little "strange".

Heck I'm willing to bet most of you never even heard the name Rashawn Fredericks before I mentioned it.