Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    All-Conference
    I don't see how his defense has been any worse than anyone else's. He wouldn't be my first choice as our biggest defensive liability. Not only is he our best shooter, he opens up the paint because he has to be respected on the perimeter. I could care less about him being a great defender.

Tre also couldn't defend his shadow. Should we have sat him more?
    Last edited by drudy23; 12-06-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Most valuable players so far, in order:

Scruggs
    Welage
    Tyrique
    Castlin

Hard to put much criticism on these four.
    Never in the history of sports has a teams leading scorer not garnered any MVP consideration.
    You must be referring to Marshall's turnovers but fact is, he has started to right the ship. His assist/turnover numbers were 14/18 through the first 4 games and has flipped it in the positive to 18/13 in his last five. He should have a 2-1 ratio come January.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-06-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Never in the history of sports has a teams leading scorer not garnered any MVP consideration.
    You must be referring to Marshall's turnovers but fact is, he his started to right the ship. His assist/turnover numbers were 14/18 through the first 4 games and has flipped it in the positive to 18/13 in his last five. He should have a 2-1 ratio come January.
    I'm just saying up until now, he's not even in the discussion. Raise your hand if you think he belongs?

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Welage over Tyrique, Naji, Hankins? He plays atrocious defense as was seen when Lamelo Ball was getting anything he wanted against him to start the second half. He wouldn't even be in my top 5 at this point. You can't play him half the time.
    Naji has 31 turnovers through 9 games. That right there will keep you off of an MVP list

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I don't see how his defense has been any worse than anyone else's. He wouldn't be my first choice as our biggest defensive liability. Not only is he our best shooter, he opens up the paint because he has to be respected on the perimeter. I could care less about him being a great defender.

Tre also couldn't defend his shadow. Should we have sat him more?
    Tre wasn't a good defender, but he's nowhere near as bad as Welage. Welage was getting destroyed by some kid averaging 3 points a game to start the second half. He is by far our worst defender and is constantly getting beat. We essentially had to go zone last night to try and hide him on defense. I agree he's a great shooter and needs to be played in certain matchups, but he's also only averaging 8.8 points a game while playing terrible defense. Not sure how that's the second best player on a team where you have a guy shooting 47% averaging 13.6/7/3.6 or a guy averaging 11 and 9 on 62% shooting.

Also for reference, Naji is averaging 1.31 points per field goal attempt this season. Welage is at 1.25.

Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    Naji has 31 turnovers through 9 games. That right there will keep you off of an MVP list
    He's also 4th on the team in assist to turnover ratio behind Q scruggs and Keonte.

Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    Can we all finally admit that Naji is not that good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    No. I will add that he is the team's leading scorer, second in rebounding and third in assists.

All-Conference
    He's a very good player. But he's yet to learn how to contribute most efficiently when he's the focal point of the other team's defense.
    Last edited by drudy23; 12-06-2018 at 10:22 AM.

All-Conference
    Apparently Tyriq is in the concussion protocol. On the game before the Shootout, and you hit your head, you act like it doesn't hurt. There's no way I'd miss the Shootout with a headache.

Any word on Tyrique? Are we going one big on Saturday?