Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Praying for Jones. We need him in the lineup, but please, practise on the FT.

No Scruggs tonight, X is in trouble.

Sophomore
    Scruggs played his best game of his career at a time when X needed him most. Great competitor. Naji has a great second half, 17, 7 and 4, with 4 TOs.

Hankins and, to a lesser extent, Elias, must still be feeling under the weather.

I had to leave work to meet friends and missed the last 16 mins. Jones got concussed? If so he is most likely out for Saturday. That would leave short to one big only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    Can we all finally admit that Naji is not that good. The guy is a turnover over machine, cannot dribble and is not a threat from 3. Has a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio.

I was really hoping to see him take over the team this year but looks like Scruggs is that guy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Naji is #good at basketball
    Run the table.

Sophomore
    22 and 8 by the grad transfers who are holding up their end of the bargain. Without Tyrique against UC it would seem to be next to impossible. Maybe a chance to see some different combinations and would would be the backup center..I think Naj played it briefly tonight

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Did JP and Tre really make these guys look that much better? I guess they were THAT good.

I was really thinking Naji would be great this year. He looks lost and completely unsure of himself.
    To answer your question, yes JP and Tre were that good. Naji could roam free because those 2 had to be accounted for. Reminds me of Peyton Manning. Most of his receivers were great with him, but did little once they went to another team. Naji is slowly learning about life after JP and Tre. Hopefully he'll come around. But for now Scruggs is the real deal.

We need to keep letting Paul work in the post. He was very effective doing that. He can either get his own shot, dump it off to a big, or kick out to an open shooter.

Harden had a nice turnaround jumper as well after backing his man down. Castlin had a nice left handed bucket when he backed his man down. I like guards who can play with their back to the basket.

I dunno, we had a hard time guarding a 12 yr. old with fluffy hair.
    2023 Sweet 16

JP and Trevon were tremendous. I think some people are only thinking of their Senior year though. Naji and Paul are still sophomores and are being asked wayyyy more than the other 2 were this early in the season as Soph’s. Let’s them grow a little , they’re not going to be all time great Senior back court guys overnight.
    Run the table.