Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283
    Sophomore
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUn-XXu1aWE

one of my favorite steele quotes. "i want a dunking mentality around the rim". i like that mindset. considering tyrique and hankins were both in the top 5 in D1 in dunks last year I think we took it to heart

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    I’m sure many have seen this because it’s been retweeted numerous times. However, sounds like we’ve got 5 hungry players (again).

https://t.co/66TJGmbRq1?ssr=true
    It’s a very well made video introduction and kudos to those involved in making it.

It’s safe to say that a great percentage of posters here are true hardcore X fans and very knowledgeable as it pertains to the Staak to Steele era. I wonder how close to unanimous it is, that this is the finest incoming class ever....or is that a given at this point? Obviously not one minute has been played officially but I can’t recall there ever being a year more highly anticipated. The program has arrived at a new level.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

They might be, but certainly the hype around prospects and the program has grown leaps and bounds. Marketing is focused year round. I see the same with UC since Brennan arrived.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    It’s a very well made video introduction and kudos to those involved in making it.

It’s safe to say that a great percentage of posters here are true hardcore X fans and very knowledgeable as it pertains to the Staak to Steele era. I wonder how close to unanimous it is, that this is the finest incoming class ever....or is that a given at this point? Obviously not one minute has been played officially but I can’t recall there ever being a year more highly anticipated. The program has arrived at a new level.
    I still think Blueitt, Macura, Sumner, O'Mara, London, Austin in 2014 get the nod.

Only time will tell, but on paper this is the best class X has ever gotten.

However, it may not be the most impactful when talking about how much it may elevate the program from where if was prior to it. I think that only if this class leads to the F4, that we have all been waiting for, will it have the impact that the Dexter Bailey led or Blueitt classes had on the program.

But never has my optimism been at a higher level than it is with this group.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUn-XXu1aWE

one of my favorite steele quotes. "i want a dunking mentality around the rim". i like that mindset. considering tyrique and hankins were both in the top 5 in D1 in dunks last year I think we took it to heart
    I like it too. If you are close enough to throw it down... then throw it down.

Don’t mess with lower percentage shots where you’re less likely to draw a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    I still think Blueitt, Macura, Sumner, O'Mara, London, Austin in 2014 get the nod.
    Way too early to say this year’s class is a better class than that one.

When you look at the incoming transfers and freshmen collectively, it is very impressive. What’s really making me start to droll is looking at next year’s class and seeing how it may end up being even more impressive (with potentially 3 or 4 commits being in the top 100).

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post

It’s a nice class, but I feel like you might be related to someone in it.

According to 247 composite, Tandy is 87, and no one else is top 100. There’s the JP and Tre class for sure, but Scruggs, Naji, and Harden were all higher rated than anyone in this class. And Scruggs was what, our 2nd highest rated recruit ever? I’d argue that there were other more anticipated classes as well, but I don’t want to argue. I’d agree more with the sentiment that whats exciting is the prospect of the 2020 class on top of this one.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Not sure that X has ever had a 24/7 top 25 ranked class, but maybe they have. I’m kind of surprised that some of the players X has in this class seem to have fallen in the overall 24/7 rankings over the last couple of months. But I also notice that each of the players is ranked in the top 20 at their position. That makes me think that they have a very solid and balanced class.

On a side note......just read that David Johnson ( out of Trinity and signed with UL) is going to have shoulder surgery and will miss 5-6 months. Sorry to see him go through that, but it couldn’t happen to a better school.