Page 66 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Also sorry to double-post, but Seventh Woods, guard from North Carolina is transferring, I remember him being an internet sensation, think there's any interest mutually between us and him?? He was a Top 50 prospect I believe.
    I do not see Xavier getting involved here. He is a sit one year to play one year and is not a position of need. Xavier is looking for big shooting wings and combo forwards in the 2020 class and any potential sit out transfer.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UHhTTh7i5kU

Zach Freemantle and the National All Stars take it on the chin against the DC area Capital All Stars in the Capital Classic last night. Game had a distinct Big East flavor with 5 guys competing. Nova signee Justin Moore and newly committed Qudas Wahab of Georgetown massively impressive in the blowout. Lots of ZFree also. He shows off his versatility but you will notice some unusual body language. Backed off of contact on several occasions and didn’t seem to want to run the floor at full bore.....but hey, it’s an All Star game. We will see a far more passionate player in the fall.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UHhTTh7i5kU

Zach Freemantle and the National All Stars take it on the chin against the DC area Capital All Stars in the Capital Classic last night. Game had a distinct Big East flavor with 5 guys competing. Nova signee Justin Moore and newly committed Qudas Wahab of Georgetown massively impressive in the blowout. Lots of ZFree also. He shows off his versatility but you will notice some unusual body language. Backed off of contact on several occasions and didn’t seem to want to run the floor at full bore.....but hey, it’s an All Star game. We will see a far more passionate player in the fall.
    Yikes. They got whipped. Well Syracuse's star NY recruit looked good. Hoyas are doing well with that big center.

Sophomore
    Freemantle definitely moves like a 5.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Thank goodness you’re you’re not 15 because your sports knowledge would be scary! Since there are no Fuddruckers in WV, I’ll settle for a cold one at Dana’s. Warning, my stories get better with age so be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I want in!!!My stories are, questionable.....even I wonder if that shit really happened the way I remember it.

I should probably get a background check done on myself, but I never plan on trying to do anything important again. (Misleading, to make you think I ever DID do anything important.....I’m crafty that way!)
    I'm sure the stories would get even better after a few cold ones at Dana's, so consider me in boys, just gotta let me know when and hopefully I'm close enough stateside!!

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Freemantle definitely moves like a 5.
    Definitely not the most mobile, but I do like the mean streak he adds, I'm sure a conditioning program will do wonders to help, but I don't think anybody in this class is completely polished and all of them have some stuff to work on.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post

Definitely not the most mobile, but I do like the mean streak he adds, I'm sure a conditioning program will do wonders to help, but I don't think anybody in this class is completely polished and all of them have some stuff to work on.
    Oh I am a big believer in ZFree, and obviously that was just an all-star game. He's got a lot of really good tape out there. Like you said, nasty streak, and pretty decently skilled. I'm just firmly in the camp that he will get a great majority (75%+) of his minutes at the 5, not the 4. He is a post player with at least a little bit of range out to three, but he's just not a 4 naturally. If X thought he was, I don't think they would be going after Ben Carlson as hard as they have.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Oh I am a big believer in ZFree, and obviously that was just an all-star game. He's got a lot of really good tape out there. Like you said, nasty streak, and pretty decently skilled. I'm just firmly in the camp that he will get a great majority (75%+) of his minutes at the 5, not the 4. He is a post player with at least a little bit of range out to three, but he's just not a 4 naturally. If X thought he was, I don't think they would be going after Ben Carlson as hard as they have.
    Ahh okay gotcha, yeah I definitely echo those thoughts, but I think he can be a very productive 5, even if he can spell Jones for a little bit next year, it'll be a massive help. I'm interested to see how all of the new pieces are going to fit into the roster, and who's going to be in the rotation, but lord knows we need him to be able to contribute in a back up role just because our front court depth is a point of question.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Yikes. They got whipped. Well Syracuse's star NY recruit looked good. Hoyas are doing well with that big center.
    Yeah, it looks like GU struck gold with this guy. How the hell is he only a 3 star? Looked like a man among boys scoring 20 pts to go with a ridiculous 19 boards.

I read that X has offered former Trinity HS and current John Logan JC star Jayden Scrubb. Scored 19 ppg with an impressive 46% from distance. When was the last time we signed a Junior College guy?
    Last edited by Xuperman; 05-02-2019 at 06:01 AM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I read that X has offered former Trinity HS and current John Logan JC star Jayden Scrubb. Scored 19 ppg with an impressive 46% from distance. When was the last time we signed a Junior College guy?
    Charles Bronson I believe was the last juco we brought in. He played in 16 games for Xavier in 2008.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan