Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Just got back from Walton-Verona’s opening game against Dixie Heights.

Miles didn’t really dominant the game, but he did show some flashes of talent and potential, especially in the 2nd half as WV pulled away. In the first half he was getting pushed around pretty good by a smaller Dixie team that was constantly double and even triple teaming him, and his teammates weren’t really looking for him.

He is really thin, but he moves extremely well. He is a lefty with a nice left handed hook/push shot over his right shoulder. In the pregame shoot around he showed ability to shoot the 3, but it’s kind of a push shot from down low. He didn’t try any in the game. I think he was 3-4 in foul shots and showed a decent rotation there. Had a couple of blocks, a stick back dunk off a miss, a drive down the lane with his right hand followed by a dunk, and a drive the length of the court followed by a lay-in. Not sure what his scoring and rebounding statistics ended up being. They have some decent players and turned DH over a lot, so it’s not a one man show by any means. Like I said, he moves well and didn’t seem to get tired. WV is a team that tries to push the ball on offense and he was going up and down the court with no problems. Not a power player, more of a finesse type player right now. Needs to work on his strength and gaining some weight. Also needs to work on his hands. Fumbled the ball while rebounding more than once. There were some other Xavier fans there, sitting behind me, and I’m sure that others were there as well. I’d like to here their take also. I game away hopeful and encouraged. I think he can develop into a really good player.
    Miles will most certainly be a “project” and should redshirt for multiple reasons. To be a Senior playing against some questionable competition, he is in no way tearing it up. The box scores for his first 5 games are now available on the KHSAA site. Scored only 3 pts going 1-5 in his 5th game vs Anderson Co.....only 6 in the game prior. Nothing special rebounding the ball either. Would love to see how many minutes he’s getting because these numbers are puzzling for a high D1 recruit.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-12-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastXman View Post
    I to am a North NJ guy. HS hoops starts on Friday 12/14. ZF will be playing in a hoop tourney at Caldwell College on 12/16. Will provide an update.

Most NJ sports can be found on the Start Ledger site (nj.com) or the Bergen Record. Happy to post any updates once the season gets rolling.
    On the other hand, ZFree will be BEast ready based on the reputation he’s made for himself in Jersey. Kid evidently has some nasty in him and plays with a lot of passion. Good size already at 6’9” and could even see him growing a little more, and you know he will add muscle weight under Jennings.....Can’t have enough Blue Collar type guys that thrive on the dirty work! Really looking forward to your scouting report ECXM. By the way, my twins were born in Newton, NJ.....beautiful country!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-12-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    On the other hand, ZFree will be BEast ready based on the reputation he’s made for himself in Jersey. Kid evidently has some nasty in him and plays with a lot of passion. Good size already at 6’9” and could even see him growing a little more, and you know he will add muscle weight under Jennings.....Can’t have enough Blue Collar type guys that thrive on the dirty work! Really looking forward to your scouting report ECXM. By the way, my twins were born in Newton, NJ.....beautiful country!
    Sean O'Mara 2.0 ?

Hard to say if that will be a fitting comparison. Word is, he’s a lean mean fightin’ machine....apparently MUCH more athletic than Sean. I don’t think Zach is a back to the basket player like Sean either. What I have read on him is that he is a versatile scorer with good rim to rim speed. Hopefully we’ll get some first hand info soon.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-12-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Sophomore
    Doesn't seem to be in the mold of Sean. Skilled, but not necessarily in a back to basket style (though it seems he's okay at doing that). Seems to have a really good face up game, and good jumper extending to the three point line. Not bouncy, but very functional athleticism, coordination, touch. From what I've seen, he's capable of maybe facing up, putting the ball on the floor for one to two dribbles, getting to the rack.

Honestly, I think he and Ramsey will play really well together, and I think Ky Ky and Bishop will also play really well together.

This is a ways away, but if you surround Tandy and Odom with three capable shooters with adequate length for each spot... it's going to be wow.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tZjEyPscW7U

Was curious and found some video. Looks like he loves the paint, so he’s got some Sean in him but brings a lot more to the table. Got a nice mid range game and good footwork....he can really run the floor!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Miles will most certainly be a “project” and should redshirt for multiple reasons. To be a Senior playing against some questionable competition, he is in no way tearing it up. The box scores for his first 5 games are now available on the KHSAA site. Scored only 3 pts going 1-5 in his 5th game vs Anderson Co.....only 6 in the game prior. Nothing special rebounding the ball either. Would love to see how many minutes he’s getting because these numbers are puzzling for a high D1 recruit.
    I thought the same thing about Jaxson Hayes last year. He played a pretty small role at Moeller, but has been dominant at Texas

Sophomore

Supporting Member
    Bergan Catholic switched to the big Hoop Group Tourney in Elizabeth for Dec 14, 15 and 16. Montverde has 2 games and most of the high profile NJ private schools are also in. Very good competition. This will be a good test for our boy Zach. Trying to get there for the 3:30 tip. Report to follow.

Will be at the Pru Center Saturday for the NJ version of The Shootout (Seton Hall vs Rutgers). I was at Cintas December 2017 for the UC game and hard to imagine that any venue and fan base could be better than ours. With the win over KY last weekend at MSG, beat Rutgers at home and an upcoming road game at Maryland, SHU has a chance to break into top 25.

I am booked in to Cintas with my closest friend (SHU Grad) for the January 2 contest against the Pirates. I believe we have the SHU team seats right behind the bench. I will be the guy with the X gear on (Haha). I will be in Willard's ear all night like JP!

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    uhhh... ...that's playing against so very low level competition