Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    I now believe in not believing in any frosh or transfer hype until they play a game in a X uniform. Our signees are exciting and ranking news seems wonderful.
    I look at Tennessee and 3-4 years ago( how were they ranked?)
    All frosh were 3 stars. Their best recruit ranking-wise now plays 5 minutes a game. Their 3rd best frosh(ranked recruit) is today their leading scorer this year.

We would love 4 top 100's. The odds would be in our favor to win big. I think maybe Steele could give the program boost with these 5 frosh. 2021, 2022, .... will be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Knowing that unless they are 5 stars, it takes big men longer to develop than guards/wings, I would assume Steele and staff have or are identifying the Grad Transfer market for someone to help out Jones next year in the near term. Maybe Freemantle or Ramsey will surprise, but I have doubts since I can't remember the last freshman big (besides West) that made a significant impact his freshman year. I certainly could be forgetting people though...maybe Frease?.
    definitely. Jones needs help with a solid big guy who is good for 25 minutes and 6 rebounds. Not getting that with frosh yet.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    definitely. Jones needs help with a solid big guy who is good for 25 minutes and 6 rebounds. Not getting that with frosh yet.
    You gotta think longer term........it isn't about next year with this program

Start building the foundation again with youth

I would rather give minutes next year to a young guy who has talent and can learn and grow than take another flyer on a big man that we hope can help

Speaking of transfers....does anyone have any info on Myles Hanson? What’s the word on how he is competing in practice? Have heard nothing at all here or anywhere else for that matter. He sure looks like he is in prime physical shape and every bit of 6’7” but can he play? If he can, we get him for 3 years correct?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Speaking of transfers....does anyone have any info on Myles Hanson? What’s the word on how he is competing in practice? Have heard nothing at all here or anywhere else for that matter. He sure looks like he is in prime physical shape and every bit of 6’7” but can he play? If he can, we get him for 3 years correct?
    He's a great practice player and great walk-on... but he's not going to ever be playing meaningful minutes at X.

"Great practice player"? What does that mean....do you know something or just speculating? If you have first hand info, it would be great to hear some details.

Tandy ended the regular season by scorching the nets for 40. Looks like Mr. Basketball frontrunner. Up next is the districts on Tuesday night.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 02-13-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I now believe in not believing in any frosh or transfer hype until they play a game in a X uniform. Our signees are exciting and ranking news seems wonderful.
    I'm with you on this. I try my best to not pay attention until Muskie Madness. Sure always nice to see getting highly recruited guys.
    Run the table.

https://www.philly.com/high-school-s...-20190213.html

Bishop looking good....2 wins from a bracket championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    "Great practice player"? What does that mean....do you know something or just speculating? If you have first hand info, it would be great to hear some details.
    He's not been promised a scholarship, so I'd imagine he's going to stay here as a walkon. I guess if coach thinks he moves up because of his play in practice we'll hear about it this summer. He's not likely to comment on that publically during the season.