Page 58 of 83 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    I think it's best if odom does come and here is my reasoning....get the freshman adjustment year out of the way now when there are upperclassmen starters ahead of you.

I really dont see naji or scruggs staying their senior year, so I think the.more freshmen the better in terms of guards this year. My assumption is that next year is paul, naji and for sure qs last year..kyky bishop and dwon to take the reins the following year

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I think it's best if odom does come and here is my reasoning....get the freshman adjustment year out of the way now when there are upperclassmen starters ahead of you.

I really dont see naji or scruggs staying their senior year, so I think the.more freshmen the better in terms of guards this year. My assumption is that next year is paul, naji and for sure qs last year..kyky bishop and dwon to take the reins the following year
    I think either Naji or Scruggs will leave after next season. If both leave we’ve probably had an elite season with a tournament run, which would be awesome. I don’t know if they’ll have a top 10 regular season but they definitely have the potential to make a run in March. I’m just predicting one of the two stays for their senior season.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    I think either Naji or Scruggs will leave after next season. If both leave we’ve probably had an elite season with a tournament run, which would be awesome. I don’t know if they’ll have a top 10 regular season but they definitely have the potential to make a run in March. I’m just predicting one of the two stays for their senior season.
    They both declared for the draft this year...why would you do that this year if you arent leaving after next year? Can only declare twice now. Both older I believe than their class...even if they for some reason arent projected to be drafted, I think they skip senior year and go the Europe or g league route.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    The article quotes him as saying that “I’m eligible and everything”, and that he will make the decision in June, after his school year ends in May.
    Yes I know what it said, I am saying what this person told me who again has a source at the very top.

I have no first hand knowledge obviously but what I heard I trust very much.

I completely get other people not trusting that tho, I am just a guy on the internet who heard from a guy, so I get that, but I would be shocked if this guy is wrong and Odom comes this year.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 04-14-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

They both declared for the draft this year...why would you do that this year if you arent leaving after next year? Can only declare twice now. Both older I believe than their class...even if they for some reason arent projected to be drafted, I think they skip senior year and go the Europe or g league route.
    Hopefully not and they chose the Markus Howard route (or the Tre route). I know he will be a young senior so thats an advantage to Howard but theres probably not much he will show that he didnt this year. He is coming back hoping for a special season and to be a Marquette legend. I think there is some hope that that would entice Naji and Scruggs as well.

Now if either improves to the point of a projected first round pick all bets are off.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Lol like I’m the one that has to explain myself. Naji and Scruggs still have some significant holes in their game. But since you think it’s basically a forgone conclusion that both could get drafted after next season, (two players being drafted in the same year from Xavier almost never happens) what are you predicting for next season? I mean I hope you’re right honestly but it’s just not what I predict happening.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I'm confused, wasn't the WMU guy's surgery after last season, or was it this year ? I think we need as many guards as possible, as long as we have 2 bigs.
    He had surgery after the ‘17-‘18 season and sat out ‘18-‘19.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    Lol like I’m the one that has to explain myself. Naji and Scruggs still have some significant holes in their game. But since you think it’s basically a forgone conclusion that both could get drafted after next season, (two players being drafted in the same year from Xavier almost never happens) what are you predicting for next season? I mean I hope you’re right honestly but it’s just not what I predict happening.
    Where did I say it's a foregone conclusion they get drafted? I said even if they weren't projected to be drafted, I think they would still go the Europe or g league route.

They are older in their class, they have the measurables physically and they are testing the process to see where they are this year. They cant do that again next year without being gone..there are signs to them leaving. Not saying it's going to happen 100% but signs are pointing that direction.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yes I know what it said, I am saying what this person told me who again has a source at the very top.

I have no first hand knowledge obviously but what I heard I trust very much.

I completely get other people not trusting that tho, I am just a guy on the internet who heard from a guy, so I get that, but I would be shocked if this guy is wrong and Odom comes this year.
    i mean, why would he lie about being ready?

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    i mean, why would he lie about being ready?
    Not sure.