Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    FWIW, Kentucky lost to Ohio in all star game by 4. 112-108 or something like that. KyKy won Kentucky's Most Outstanding player. Wonder how many blocks Miles had. Did Curtis do anything exciting?
    Per Twitter, KyKy hit a 3 over Curtis and Miles was super hyped.
    I read Miles has 3 pts & 2 blks.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Men55 View Post
    I read Miles has 3 pts & 2 blks.
    yikes.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Not sure how I feel about SIX frosh. yikes as that is a lot of growing pains and unhappy guys with little playing time. We shall see.
    Sort of where I’m at. But if Dwon feels ready to come now, and the staff communicated they also think he’s ready, then he pretty easily becomes the best of the six incoming freshman.

Sophomore
    Curtis hit the game winning three and free throws but that was basically all he did. i think he ended up with 13 points or something like that. amari davis from trotwood was ohio's best player
    Last edited by scoscox; 04-13-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Sort of where I’m at. But if Dwon feels ready to come now, and the staff communicated they also think he’s ready, then he pretty easily becomes the best of the six incoming freshman.
    Conflicted as well. I'd almost prefer him to stay in 2020 and have Bryce Moore transfer in. Given the potential of the team and expectations, a gritty defender and above average shooter would be preferred.

Sophomore
    Dwon coming next year means we're no longer in danger of losing him next year, especially if jonas leaves, so that'd be nice.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Dwon coming next year means we're no longer in danger of losing him next year, especially if jonas leaves, so that'd be nice.
    Great point. I also think it’s for the best. Right now we’re basically replacing 2 guards (Castlin and Hardin) with 2 guards (Tandy and Bishop). The other 4 incoming are bigs. Some extra depth would be nice.

If if it’s at the cost of the grad transfer from WMU, fine. Possible short term loss but substantial long-term gain. But we could be disappointed relying on someone post-ACL surgery, especially hearing he played so long on it. That very likely means the meniscus was further damaged and his recovery will never be complete.
    Last edited by Muskie in dayton; 04-14-2019 at 08:13 AM.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Great point. I also think it’s for the best. Right now we’re basically replacing 2 guards (Castlin and Hardin) with 2 guards (Tandy and Bishop). The other 4 incoming are bigs. Some extra depth would be nice.

If if it’s at the cost of the grad transfer from WMU, fine. Possible short term loss but substantial long-term gain. But we could be disappointed relying on someone post-ACL surgery, especially hearing he played so long on it. That very likely means the meniscus was further damaged and his recovery will never be complete.
    I'm confused, wasn't the WMU guy's surgery after last season, or was it this year ? I think we need as many guards as possible, as long as we have 2 bigs.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    From what I heard on Odom from a very in the know source is that he is not coming this year. The info I heard is that he will not be able to graduate this year.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    From what I heard on Odom from a very in the know source is that he is not coming this year. The info I heard is that he will not be able to graduate this year.
    The article quotes him as saying that “I’m eligible and everything”, and that he will make the decision in June, after his school year ends in May.