Page 22 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Most of the reports I’ve read have Ramsey listed ahead of Freemantle. In any case, I am hopeful that at least one of them will be immediate help next year. I’m confident that the guards will be, and if X can get one of the freshman bigs and a transfer wing or big to come in and give immediate help, the talent level and depth will be much better. How that transfers into wins it is impossible to say for sure, but it would definitely be a step in the right direction.
    I like Freemantle's motor......I think he gets minutes from day 1........

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Some recent freshman big man numbers:

Will Caudle:
    11 mins/game, 3.7 points, 1.7 rebounds

Cole:
    9.5 mins, 3.1 pts, 3.0 rebounds

Duncan:
    14.4 mins, 6.2pts, 2.3 boards

Cage:
    22.4 mins, 4.6pts, 3.4 boards

Brown:
    16.9 min, 6.3pts, 4.1 boards

Love:
    4mins, 1.1pts, 1.1boards

Kenny:
    14.6 mins, 5.4pts, 3.7 boards

Robinson:
    4.4mins, 1.9pts, 1.3boards

Farr:
    3.2mins, 1.2pts, 1.1boards

Omara:
    4.2mins, 1.5pts, 0.7boards

Jones:
    11mins, 4.2pts, 3.1boards

I didnt include Jalen because he had a sit out year which I think helps a lot. Maybe Brown did too though? Can't remember.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 02-12-2019 at 09:42 AM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    I think the last two are a pretty good cross for Freemantle... He's not as athletic as Tyrique, but he probably has just as much skill (not the same type of skills necessarily, but the same level) as Sean. More athletic than Sean and more talented (basketball skill-wise) than Tyrique as a freshman. And I think that's a pretty good combination, and he should get more minutes than both of them did as a freshman, pending a grad transfer big commit.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Some recent freshman big man numbers:

Will Caudle:
    11 mins/game, 3.7 points, 1.7 rebounds

Cole:
    9.5 mins, 3.1 pts, 3.0 rebounds

Duncan:
    14.4 mins, 6.2pts, 2.3 boards

Cage:
    22.4 mins, 4.6pts, 3.4 boards

Brown:
    16.9 min, 6.3pts, 4.1 boards

Love:
    4mins, 1.1pts, 1.1boards

Kenny:
    14.6 mins, 5.4pts, 3.7 boards

Robinson:
    4.4mins, 1.9pts, 1.3boards

Farr:
    3.2mins, 1.2pts, 1.1boards

Omara:
    4.2mins, 1.5pts, 0.7boards

Jones:
    11mins, 4.2pts, 3.1boards

I didnt include Jalen because he had a sit out year which I think helps a lot. Maybe Brown did too though? Can't remember.
    DBrown was redshirted.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Love and Farr......those two should be poster children for what is possible when one decides to put in the work and has a burning desire to excel. Easily two of my favorite Muskies of all time!

Did they reach their potential?....H**L! They may have exceeded it!

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Love and Farr......those two should be poster children for what is possible when one decides to put in the work and has a burning desire to excel. Easily two of my favorite Muskies of all time!

Did they reach their potential?....H**L! They may have exceeded it!
    Poster children for fans too in regards to not writing off a player who doesnt contribute much Freshman or even sophomore year.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

From what I’ve read both Tandy and Freemantle are physically ready. However so was James and we saw how that translated. Seems like Freemantle’s intensity alone will earn him some minutes.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    From what I’ve read both Tandy and Freemantle are physically ready. However so was James and we saw how that translated. Seems like Freemantle’s intensity alone will earn him some minutes.
    Honestly have no idea how James gets absolutely no playing time on this team. Does not bode well for his future with X.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Honestly have no idea how James gets absolutely no playing time on this team. Does not bode well for his future with X.
    Agreed....he must look absolutely awful in practice which is scary considering who he is probably up against. He was supposed to be a good shooter on a team that has little, and has the frame for BE basketball. I know he wasn't a highly rated recruit, but he can't even get a few minutes here or there on this team?

Yea with James it’s puzzling. Know at beginning it was stated he had trouble adjusting to the speed of college games (as many freshman do).

It was obvious he struggled with the defensive scheme in non conference play. Yes I know we suck overall on defense but he made a lot mistakes at that end.

I heard his Huntington Prep coach state how raw he was and had a great upside. In an ideal situation, probably could’ve red shirted this year but we needed the bodies.

Like other X recruits and players, hope for the best.