Page 60 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    if naji plays the entire year like he did down the stretch, he'll get drafted. he has length and can defend 1-4 very well, is an elite rebounder at his size, and has very good quickness for a player his height. if he shoots like he did at the end of the year, he's a shoe-in. paul just needs consistency. he has good athleticism, is extremely long, defends well and even defends the post well, and scores from every level. if he produces consistently teams will want him

the naji before the ankle injury that shut down alpha diallo, ty-shon alexander, myles powell, shamorie ponds, and phil booth and scored 14, 23, 28, 31, and 17 is going to get drafted. he was arguably the best player in the big east the second half of the season.
    I disagree. I think he's a very talented player, but I don't think he's quick enough to play in the NBA. I don't think he handles the ball that well, or rather, as well as he'd need to in the NBA.

He will make money playing basketball, but he will need to get better handles and get quicker if he wants to play in the NBA.

JP is currently a fringe NBA player, and Naji just got done with a season 20 points of ORtg less efficient than JP's senior year. Naji probably either needs to get much better at either shooting or distribution or not insignificantly better as an all-around player to put himself in position to get drafted. I don't think that's out of reach for him, but if I had to bet now, I'd lay that he doesn't get drafted after his junior year.
    Joel
    Banners on the Parkway - XU on SBN (Formerly Xavier Examiner)

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Well, maybe we are getting moore
    Roderick is more likely

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    if naji plays the entire year like he did down the stretch, he'll get drafted. he has length and can defend 1-4 very well, is an elite rebounder at his size, and has very good quickness for a player his height. if he shoots like he did at the end of the year, he's a shoe-in. paul just needs consistency. he has good athleticism, is extremely long, defends well and even defends the post well, and scores from every level. if he produces consistently teams will want him

the naji before the ankle injury that shut down alpha diallo, ty-shon alexander, myles powell, shamorie ponds, and phil booth and scored 14, 23, 28, 31, and 17 is going to get drafted. he was arguably the best player in the big east the second half of the season.
    NBA is the BEST of the BEST. If he wants to go, he must be a freak athlete and elite shooter.
    He is a good European player now.

Bluiett was an awesome shooter but slow footed. We shall see. Look at Myles Powell and Markus Howard. They were awesome guards but decided college was best for them this year.

Kennedy transferring to TCU.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    NBA is the BEST of the BEST. If he wants to go, he must be a freak athlete and elite shooter.
    He is a good European player now.

Bluiett was an awesome shooter but slow footed. We shall see. Look at Myles Powell and Markus Howard. They were awesome guards but decided college was best for them this year.
    Has Powell withdrawn for draft? I know most think he is coming back but I thought he was testing the waters.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Where did I say it's a foregone conclusion they get drafted? I said even if they weren't projected to be drafted, I think they would still go the Europe or g league route.

They are older in their class, they have the measurables physically and they are testing the process to see where they are this year. They cant do that again next year without being gone..there are signs to them leaving. Not saying it's going to happen 100% but signs are pointing that direction.
    When you say “even if for some reason they aren’t projected to be drafted..” it does seem like you think both will be projected to be drafted.
    Anyway yes I’m aware they both have measurables physically to play in the nba. I’m just not certain both will close the rather significant weaknesses in their games in just one offseason. I lean more towards Naji leaving next year more than Scruggs, but like I said I hope I’m proven wrong and Xavier has a historic season.
    Last edited by xufan2020; 04-15-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    You said “even if for some reason they aren’t projected to be drafted..”
    Anyway yes I’m aware they both have measurables physically to play in the nba. I’m just not certain both will close the rather significant weaknesses in their games in just one offseason. I lean more towards Naji leaving next year more than Scruggs, but like I said I hope I’m proven wrong and Xavier has a historic season.
    I don't see either being NBA players. Europe yes for sure......and you can make a lot of money over there......just ask Romain, Justin and a lot of others.

Naji could get better and he has the physical tools......but his shooting and mid range game have to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I don't see either being NBA players. Europe yes for sure......and you can make a lot of money over there......just ask Romain, Justin and a lot of others.

Naji could get better and he has the physical tools......but his shooting and mid range game have to get better.
    Naji’s freshman shooting percentages were really strong. Repeat that along with his defense and Xavier will be really good and he will make a lot of money.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    I disagree. I think he's a very talented player, but I don't think he's quick enough to play in the NBA. I don't think he handles the ball that well, or rather, as well as he'd need to in the NBA.

He will make money playing basketball, but he will need to get better handles and get quicker if he wants to play in the NBA.
    Agree about his dribbling although I think it’s more about ball security in general. He has to protect the ball better. As far as quickness, he’s plenty quick enough. He has guarded shamorie ponds, Myles Powell and Markus howard and done a good job on all of them. For 6’7” he’s very quick